eShine.ca - forum member promo code - news - deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I'm just glad Chris is here supporting the forum, great guy to deal with and always enjoy chatting with him on the phone. Keep up the great service Chris :worship2:

2. jetblackZ4

jetblackZ4 Birth of a Detailer

I've also had very good service from Chris and have been very happy with the products I've bought from him.
    I had a small problem with UPS using an incorrect address in my most recent shipment and asked Chris to make sure it got fixed. He took care of it and then took the time to email me and make sure I got the package.
    That is good service and what will keep me buying from eShine.
    Thanks Chris, Gary

3. eShine

eShine Guest

We now have this APC ready to go. It will be called "Kleenol". It will be sold in 32oz and Gallons. We are just waiting on the bottles now. At first we will use stick on labels, then go to silk screened bottles. Prices will be roughly $14.99 for 32oz and $34.99/gallon. I am also shipping samples to the people who did not receive theirs tomorrow; I want to get a few more reviews on the product.

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Im down for at least 1 gal, when I ran out of my sample I wasnt happy! At 4:1 as a wheel cleaner is it safe for all wheel finishes and comparable to the P21s gel in terms of gentleness?

5. Bimma

Bimma Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hello everyone,
    Sry if this is in the wrong section, so mods feel free to move it.

I am detailing my 96 BMW, this is my first detail. I will only buy products from eshine because of price and location.

The amount i have left in my budget is about $120. But i still need to buy pads for the PC.

I recently got the fender, hood, grill, and bumper repainted because of all the chips and i am now going to put a clear bra on it.

But because i got only the front end paint, i now need to polish the rest of the car so it doesn't stand out.

I have swirl marks and some scratches, so can someone please tell me what polish pad combinations i should use and then what sealent and wax i should use for the glossy wet look. Keep in mind the budget which i will need to buy the LC pads and any polishes, sealants and waxes.

Here are some pics to show the condition of the paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the scratch circled in red the line on top is just a reflection (some hit my door while opening theirs)

[​IMG]

Heres a comparison of the door and the freshly painted fender

[​IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated, when listing product can you please tell me what product to use with which pad. Ive got a Porter cable 7428 with a velco backing plate that about 6 inches in diameter. This is not my PC, so i would not like to buy extra pads that i wont be able to use on the polishers.

- Sunny

6. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

How recently was your car painted? People typically wait 30-90 days before applying any sort of sealant or wax to the paint so it can fully cure.

Couple of questions for you:

What level of correction are you looking for?

What do you have in terms of Microfiber right now?

How experienced are you with the use of a rotary?

What type of backing plate is on it? Flexible, rigid?

7. Bimma

I would only like to polish the part of the car that was not painted.
    Looking to correct the swirls so i can get a nice reflection.

I have a bunch of microfiber cloths but thats it.

Ive use a different rotary buffer to wax before, and have now been watching alot of the autogeek videos to learn the proper polishing techniques.

The backing plate is plastic on one side and theres some foam in the middle and velcro on the other side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Sunny

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Here's a moc order I put together for you:

Details Name Unit Price Quantity Total Select
    277 Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO83Q (32 oz) $47.24 $47.24

225 Poorboy's Polish w/Sealant $18.85 $18.85

288 Sonus SFX 6" Buffing Pads $6.99 $13.98
    Color sonus: - SFX-1 Yellow - -

Color sonus: - SFX-2 White - -

Color sonus: - SFX-3 Blue - -

218 Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax (No. 845) $15.74 $15.74
    Grand Total: $123.77 Delete
    Continue Shopping Update Totals
    Press checkout to enter your customer and shipping information.

You'll definately need the SIP... if you could afford it I would of thrown in the 106ff as well, but I was trying to stay within your budget. The Poorboys Polish with Sealant is a great AIO!! and the Collinite 845iw is a great wax that will last and give a great shine and you can put it on top of the PwS

9. Bimma

Hey Thanks for putting that together, wont i need bigger pads because the backing plate is about 6 inches. dont i need a pad that is atleast 6.5?

10. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Not trying to nitpick only trying to clarify but when you say you used a different type of rotary was it one of those buffers you could find at Sears like this:

Craftsman 7 in. Buffer/Polisher - Model 10721 at Sears.com

That looks similar to the one that came with my Hitachi. I suggest picking up a LC flexible backing plate, the edges are a rubber material and will actually bend a bit so your pad can better conform to the surface of your vehicle. Only issue with the one Chris lists is that there isn't a diameter anywhere so you might only be able to use it with 8" pads, hopefully he'll chime in here.

I personally use pads on the smaller end of the spectrum with my rotary (6-7") because the larger pads I found to be cumbersome and were really only useful on a wide flat hood or roof or something along that nature. I'd suggest going with (6.5") 1 PFW pads, 1 White, 1 Black and maybe 1 Blue pad. You'll also want to pick up a spur tool at a local store to spur the wool if you end up having to use them for correction.
    Assuming you get the bp, and one of each pad the total at this point is ~65.00

For an LSP I'd recommend going with Collinite 845 and for the price and durability it cannot be beat. I use it on my daily driver in the winter and it performs very well. +$16.00

This leaves about $40.00 for polishes...
    I'm somewhat tempted to suggest Optimum though the product line doesn't have the best reputation of being new-user friendly and I had difficulty the first time trying it to be honest. One other caveat is that they don't really have alot of correcting power but based on your pictures they should be able to remove those swirls and reduce that severe scratch. If you go with OPT purchase the Hyper Compound and the Polish. HC would be used with the PFW for removing the deep marring (test first to see if OP and pads can remove the marring) . OP can be used with any of the pads successfully to remove the rotary induced marring that come from using the PFW/HC combo.

The grand total for all this will be around $120.00. The %10 off with the DB code should just about cover shipping.

Hope others can chime in with more suggestions. Only part that I'm really questioning is buying the blue LC pad but you might find it necessary depending on the paint...

If you've got any questions ask away!

11. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

I think dust2glory put a good cart together. I agree for a finishing id do thw whole car including repainted with 106ff or po85.

12. eShine

eShine Guest

FMJ, I just emailed you the credit info.

13. carguy461

carguy461 Two Bucket System Washer

like to compare to many products I use now, will give full write up. Thanks

14. eShine

eShine Guest

Just a note. We decided to sell the product prediluted. I researched a lot of other APC's and our APC would either have to be more expensive or diluted. The other APC's we sell such as P21S does not even recommend diluting, neither does Poorboy's. Only Optimum says you can dilute 3:1.Many will not see past the price if we offered it full strenght plus it is so damn concentrated which can dilute 10:1 and still have nuts. It will be ready to use out of the bottle and can be diluted 50:50 which would then give the same ratio as 4:1 as the full strenght versions I sent out. So to clear it up they will come diluted 1:1 and can be diluted again 50:50 to get 4:1. We may also offer a full strenght version possibly in gallons but the price will likely be almost double.

The samples we are sending this week will be the retail version. All the previous testers diluted the product anyway so the results will be the same, just the dilution ratios change.

15. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Oh.... well I guess you better up your budget a little more and get a 5" backing plate... the smaller pads work better on the PC, the bigger pads tend to bog it down somewhat.

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Actually Chris, I think if we were to dilute your retail APC again by 1:1, the final dilution solution would be 3:1. The difference between 3:1 and 4:1 may be negligible but I haven't tried out your APC yet so I'm not quite sure.

17. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

4to 1 has the nuts

18. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

D2G- Just an FYI:

The PC 7428 is a rotary, the 7424 is the RO unit.

19. Bimma

Charlie what the difference between the 7428 and the 7424?
    will it make a difference when i buy a backing plate? will it be interchangeable between the two?

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

They use different threads and the rotary use a male head while the random orbital uses a female head.