eShine.ca - forum member promo code - news - deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Really. I've seen Chris mention it.

2. 2011LE

2011LE Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I didn't know that. I'm new to this forum but not detailing. If I knew that before I would not place my first order for $400. Lets hope Chris will understand that he just got himself a future customer who is coming from ZAINO side and is always in need of some detailing products.

3. Mindflux

Let us know how it turns out. Hopefully for the better. :) :mounty:

4. 2011LE

probably not, I just read the post where he mention that members with 25 posts and over are allowed to get the discount, I'm not a "troll" so what is the point of min. 25 posts if they dont help members etc. , for example I can get 25 posts just in this tread :devil:

5. Mindflux

Well, if I remember right he used to just have a code listed to use in the shopping cart, but then everyone under the moon started using it. I think the 25 post limit was something he tries to use to avoid giving the discount to everyone. Though, I guess nobody should be less deserving of the code than another person.. but it's not my policy to begin with.

Good luck.

6. 2011LE

fair enough

7. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i think it's as honesty type policy. Anyone can start a thread and post stuff like:

blah blah blah

bump

to the top

hi everyone

etc . . . . .

i've never ordered from Chris before but it just seems like he's trying to encourage new members to be active on the forum instead of just signing up to get free or discounted items.

Everyone here pretty much helps one another and that's what a forum is for . . . . hopefully you don't take it the wrong way as i'm sure it's nothing against you personally.

8. 2011LE

haha, no worries I can understand, there is no discount on PC anyway that I ordered, prices are pretty good even without a discount.

9. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

yeah you'll find that most any vendors will not discount things such as extractors, DA's and Rotary buffers.

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Mate, rack up 25 posts quickly!!!

11. 2011LE

LOL, yea I was thinking about it and decided to only go with or reply to treads or informative posts but IF this happens so be it....:)

12. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

don't condone that kind of behavior sir LOL.

13. eShine

eShine Guest

We came up with the 25 Post min to avoid people from signing up solely for the discount. We get countless PM's from people who just signed up and have a post count of zero asking for a discount. In our eyes a member is someone who actually contributed to the forum. I will look over the posts of 2011LE and see if we will honor the discount.

14. eShine

eShine Guest

Whoa! So sorry about this. These are definately not the threads I do not want to reply to! Often I get very busy and do not read the forums enough, heck I should at least make sure I read our own section! I will look into this today. Often the package shows "Processed at postal facility" but it has left Canada. The next status is usually "Item delivered". We may stop shipping internationally due to these headaches :( They always end up making it to the customer but sometimes get delayed. I will see where this is.

15. 2011LE

Thank you for considering that and whatever outcome you come up with its all good. Now I'm just waiting for my order to arrive.

16. Tomy

Tomy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi Chris,

Just placed an order today.
    Thanks

Order#23066

:support:

17. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

i appreciate the response

as per my OP, i was concerned because an order Ken shipped with CanadaPost (CC143781925CA) showed "International item has left Canada" a week after posting, and all i was really looking for was some feedback and/or acknowledgement that the delay im experiencing is normal

im dissappointed it's taken this thread, a pm, email to Erin that was never replied, multiple pm's from a moderator and now a paypal claim to finally get this acknowledgement - i thought id do the right thing and spread my orders around the various sponsors

since it's now been 6 weeks since posting, what is the estimated delivery?

18. eShine

eShine Guest

I understand your grief and have no excuses. All I can do is make steps to avoid this kind of frustration for future orders or other customers. I will be checking with Erin and see why the email was not answered. I will also make sure I am the only one logging into DB with my account (So I see the PM pop up etc). It has been hard for me personally to spend a lot of time on forums (Not just DB) and I often check in and just scan the front page threads. I will make it a habit to spend at least an few minutes a day on each forum we sponsor to check PM's and posts in our forums. Ken's Shipments may say "International item has left Canada" but most of ours stick on the "Processed at postal facility" in MISSISSAUGA. Reason is the MISSISSAUGA depot is the last scan in Canada then they arrive in the destination country. The shipping service your package was sent with is 4-8 weeks. Order was placed July 12th, we shipped July 13th, so we are at 5 weeks right now. I asked Canada Post to trace the package and ensure it is not still in MISSISSAUGA. If it is of coarse I have no problem granting a full refund. I will let you know what I find tomorrow morning.

Just for kicks, here is another international order we shipped, note the status is the same as yours, CC162790964CA

19. DB Boss

DB Boss DB representative

eShine has now changed the way we offer forum discounts. In the past we had problems with coupon codes as they would leak and 90% of our orders had coupon codes attached to them from non-members. We will now have a simple system for forum discounts. Please follow the directions below.

1. Private Message us from the forum we sponsor with your full name and address.
    2. We will then add that information to our database of approved members.
    3. We will then quickly reply to your PM with your forums discount code that you can use on our webpage, this code will not change. Once you are approved the code can be used over and over without having to PM us again.

WARNING:
    When an order is placed using a coupon code we will check the shipping address against our database before we approve the order to ship. If the code is used for an address not listed with us the entire order will be cancelled without notice.

To recap our forum discount program,
    All orders under $150 get a 10% discount.
    All Orders over $150 get a 5% Discount PLUS Free shipping.
    Discounts do not apply to any power tools, extractors, sale items or “BOGO” offers.
    Members MUST have a minimum post count of 25. We do this to avoid people from joining a forum solely for our discount.

Chris Pace
    eShine Car Care Inc.

Faber likes this.
  20. eShine

eShine Guest

Canada post states the package has left Canada. They are not Able to trace it any further until it arrives to you. I wish i had better answers. if it goes longer than 8 weeks I will look into filing a claim with Canada Post.