eShine.ca - forum member promo code - news - deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

Both the cookie monster and the CG Shaggy fur-ball are very similar. but then the cookie monster is clearly softer than shaggy furball.

2. Dr Wax

Dr Wax Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice fluffy towel and great for final buff on a dry surface. I like them better after a
    few washes. But... Do not try to apply/remove Dodo red mist cause you will get a
    cookie monster fur coat-car...

3. InfamousNic

InfamousNic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Exactly the same opinion as Doctor Wax. I love the towel for buffing hazed wax but it lints big time on the sticky red mist. I haven't tried my new tornado yet but I can't wait :). Thanks to Dr Wax for pre-washing them for me ;)

4. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

+1:thumb:

5. Dr Wax

^^ Yes maybe different colors would be nice, some red Elmo towels...

6. richy

richy Guest

The cookie monster and the gray tornado are among my favourite mf's.

7. Dr Wax

+ 1 on the tornados. It's an amazing towel. I only used them twice but I think I could
    find lots of applications for them, if not all tasks.

8. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

love my cookie monsters too
    but yes different colours would be very nice!

9. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I would really like to see a natural colored mf towel. You know, like an off white or something. makes it easier to spot contaminants. One reason why I love my reTHICKulous towels from di.

10. Dr Wax

White monster for wax removal, I like that ! Good thing there
    is only one color, I would buy way too many MFs...

11. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

they're great, but I feel that after a couple washes the V2 towel loses a lot of it's plushness

12. Jetmaker

Jetmaker Virgin Detailer

I ordered a few of the originals and they were great.
    I ordered a bunch more V2 and was very unhappy with the linting. I had such huge amounts of lint I stopped using them. If I ran my finger on the paint Id get a roll of lint.

13. Dr Wax

Even after a wash?

14. eShine

eShine Guest

We notice sometimes that when we receive them they have loose lint between some of the towels possibly from the manufacturing. I often give them the old bathroom towel whip before shipping them. We find this goes away by not washing them but by throwing them in the dryer on a non heathed air dry, the lint gets trapped in the lint trap. I used to do this with other microfiber we buy. We have even thought of buying as huge dryer and doing the days towels before we ship them out. We get lint complaints on any towel we sell, sometimes there is a problem sometimes we can not solve it or find a problem at all. However in a case like this just contact us, we are pretty easy going, we would make you happy ;)

15. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

I have some V1 around, haven't tried the V2s yet but I found the V1 too soft.

Lately I got some of those tornado and much prefer them. They are "grabby", which are what I really like about those towels.

16. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Actually Chris, any reason why the shipping carrier was switched to CanadaPost instead of Canpar? I really liked Canpar, it was quicker :)

Cheers!

17. eShine

eShine Guest

Canpar dedided to add a $2.50 residental surcharge to all orders without notice. They simply sent us an extra $7000 bill and we told them to take a hike.

18. InfamousNic

InfamousNic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Chris, aren't you on vacation on the beach???

Take a well deserved break! :)

19. eShine

eShine Guest

Gota make sure the bread and butter runs smoothly while I am gone! LOL

[​IMG]

20. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

:yikes: I don't blame you ... that's crazy