Engine Detail help!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by scheerspeed, Feb 27, 2008.

1. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

ok, so i am going to be detailing a car this saturday, which i have to polish all of the engine components. i was just wondering what product would anyone recommend that i use on it? i was thinking P21s polishing soap might do the trick. but i have never tried it... any input would help!

Thanks!

here's the engine:

[​IMG]

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

the polishing soap does not work that well. Do you have any metal polishes?

3. scheerspeed

mother's chrome polish, mother's billet, mother's mag & aluminum, and powermetal. thats all...

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

mother billet works awsome... I love that stuff..

ohh and holywoods metal polish is some nice stuff, if you can pick it up its worth it

5. scheerspeed

where can i get it?

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Don't waist your money with P21S Polishing Soap, it dosen't work very well. Shame...but yes like Calgarydetail said Mother Billet Works just fine that and thi Holywoods Metal, never used it and when I did use it it worked quite well...I never even heard of the stuff till just resently.

Just my :2cents: though.

7. scheerspeed

so what would you say i use???:thud:

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Yep, polishing soap is only good at cleaning dirty tail pipes (does a grea job doing it, but requires finer polish follow up)...

9. Nica

Nica Banned

You should be able to pick up Mother Billet OTC so try that out..it worked well on a few vehicles we recently detailed. As for the Holywood Metal Polish I have no clue where to get that stuff...first time I hear of it to be honest.

10. scheerspeed

i was wondering if there was any chemical type cleaner...it looks more like it's corroded and just tarnished more than anything...

11. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

A good metal polish thats non abrasive but a chemical cleaner is Blue Magic Metal Polish..it does a nice job on oxidation and tarnished metals..I got a few samples from the car show and sent one to Sparkie and kept 2 for my self..I did some polishingon my Son's Motorcycle and it cleaned the aluminum up real nice

here is some info on it....stuff does work..and is paint safe also....

CarGo Blue Magic

and best part its not expensive for a product that works..

AL

12. scheerspeed

i think im going to just use billet

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

If you have a Williams Sonoma near your house, pop by there and pick up some Wenol... Top stuff!

[​IMG]

14. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

as AL mentioned blue magic metal polish is an excellent polish and you can but it OTC..you might want to try some steelwool #OOOO first followed up with a non abrassive polish..

15. devast8

devast8 New Member

I also use Blue Magic. Work awesome. I use this for tailpipes and exhaust. Cheap and VERY effective!

For finer polish, like on a motorbike for example, I use English Custom. I have 3 of there polishes and it deliver! Costly but if you want something show worthy they are worth it imo. I wouldn't use this on tailpipes and places that would be dirty the next day though

16. Calogero

Calogero Two Bucket System Washer

I will post an engine detail I did for a Ford Mustang with a write up later.

Hopefully this will give you an idea and help you out.