Einszett

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by D&D Auto Detailing, Nov 13, 2007.

1. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Dangit...always after I place an order, you pull something out like this...

2. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Have been using the CP for about 6 months. I really like the matte finish.

3. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

Thats nice to know, There is a weird black mark on the passenger seat in the s2000 that looks like an oil mark. I've tried cleaning it with just some house hold products and it just doesn't go away. I'm going to have to give CP a test run.:headbang:

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

5. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

1z einszett Gummi-Pflege rubber protective, durability measured in months it has a little sponge on top of the bottle so you always get the right amount of product on your weather-stripping or rubber seals. Once applied to rubber they will take on a dark but natural shine. Use twice a year (Spring and Fall) also protects rubber from hardening or freezing. Highly recommended

I'm sure most detailer's here know my thoughts on leather conditioners ( if not see Basic Leather care - Auto Geek Car Care, Car Wax and Auto Detailing Forum)

6. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

7. detailersdomain

Let me know which pro line products you want and I will get it.

I don't intend on stocking it but I will can get them in for this sale.

8. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

I was looking at the High Gloss, but now I'm seeing mixed reviews on it. Anyone have any experience with the 1z Pro Line??

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

OK gang, I've got a question about Cockpit Premium.

I noticed the ingredients list has alcohol right up near the top - 5-15%. For years I was led to believe that alcohol was a bad thing - that it would dry out vinyl and plastic. Anyone care to share thoughts on this? I really love the way CP works - but, if it's going to do long term damage, I can always go back to Vinylex and buff the mild shine off, like I've done for years now.

10. detailersdomain

I figured get the right answer from Mike at Einszett USA.

Here is the explanation:

Alcohol is found in just about all the major products – its main purpose is to act like a cleaner and also a carrier (carries protective properties etc onto the surface). But alcohol flashes quite quickly so there is no harm caused.

Petroleum distillates are a problem – specifically low volatile ones such as mineral oil (think of gasoline as a high volatile distillate or lighter fluid/naphtha). Low volatile distillates have a very slow flash time (simply put, evaporation rate). Therefore, they just hang around. Distillates are known for drying out plastic and rubber and so low volatile distillates hang around awhile allowed to do more damage. The old armor all fear is based on products that use low volatile distillates which have a very high amount of shine but cause drying and cracking. This is where the fear of silicone-oil comes into play. Only silicone-oil mixes with distillates (oil and oil). It was never the silicone oil that caused the damage but rather the distillates. Silicone oil just happen to be in bad company and got pulled into the blame game. The water based protectants like our Vinyl-Rubber Care “Tiefenpfleger”, Vinylex, 303, etc are all water-based protectants with no distillates. They contain water-based silicone which mix easily in water. BTW, they all have alcohol in them too.

Sorry if I went on a tangent but I figured this was a good time to discuss all possible concerns.

We’ve had Cockpit Premium in the product range for over 20 years with zero problems. And we of course stand by our products performance and guarantee positive results both short term and long term.

Finally, consider that Cockpit Prem is not simply a water, soap, alcohol solution – there are protective properties in it that help resist against the fading effects of sunlight and heat.

Sorry for the length… I hope this helps resolve any concerns!

Michael
    End e-mail

11. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer

Great information.

12. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I have the Cockpit premium...its a great product....really does the job well...also get the glass polish...its super....I will say I like it better than the Dg glass polish...it makes glass look like fine cyrstal..

use a PC with a 4" pad..green or white...both work well....I have done both outside and inside glass with it....and they look great....

I found it works great when you get a newer car and its covered inside with the outgasing haze from the rugs and adhesives...cleans it up real nice and makes it so easy to clean the next time

Al

13. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

Has anyone ever tried their tire foam?

14. detailersdomain

they no longer bring the tire foam into the country. what you see out there is what they have left.

15. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

Oh really. I guess thats why its not on their website. I ask because I was at this place earlier this week and they carry quite a bit of the 1Z line and I think I saw some there. Then I saw this thread over on DW today with a link where I found some pics of it in action and I thought it looked pretty good. Although I usually prefer not to use foams for tire dressing I might go back and pick up a can just to try it out.

By the way, do you know why they stooped importing it?

16. detailersdomain

because it was expensive and it wasn't all that good :)

17. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

That's great information Phil, thanks for sharing that.

Glad I bought a second bottle! I really love the stuff.

Hey, BTW gang, I also just tried the "Klima Cleaner" stuff in my daily driver CRX. I like it a lot too. When I first put it in it smelled a little strong - but after 20 minutes, per the directions on the side of the can, air out of the vents comes out nice and clean smelling. Couldn't be easier - and, the price is right.

Einszett FTW.

18. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

1Z is moving up fast in my favorites list

19. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

does cockpit premium leave behind some kind of protection , uv and such ?

thought it was just a pure cleaner ?

I have a few scuff marks on the door panels too, will cp be able to take it off ?

20. detailersdomain

how bad are your scuff marks,

cockpit will leave your trim/plastics protected uv and all.

as for getting the scuffs out if you need a stronger product the Einszett Plastic/Vinyl cleaner will work better.