E93 M3 Clearcoat

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Smith2287, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Man I just got done with a five hour round one of polishing my new M3 and it seems like I can't get these swirls all out. This CC is hard, and it is nearly impossible for me to get the pant flawless. I have tried a lot of combos but seem to know be trying scholl s03+ with a wool pad and then cleaning it up with 106ff and a blue sonax pad. I don't seem to see any holograms but I will get the car in the sun tomorrow before I continue. Also I can't seem to get my pads to cooperate as they are constantly skipping all over the paint. They are being primed with distilled water, my solution to that was to switch to my flex DA. Any suggestions to try to make tomorrow flow smoothly would be greatly appreciated.

2. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Was going to say prime that pad but never mind just read that you already tried it. By the ways it's E92/E90 theres no E93

3. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

there is a e93

4. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

its a hardtop convertible i think

5. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

I fail at life::duh:

6. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Hit up JL, if you haven't already. He and I met up for lunch today, and were talking about his jet black E90. He can talk to this better than I can, but I think his words were "tough to correct, but easy to mar."

7. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Whoa E93 M3 is awesome. What color is it? What buffer are you using?

8. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

e90/92/93 S65 =)

they should make a e91 for the hell of it

9. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

E91 is teh wagon

E90 = sedan
    E91 = wagon
    E92 = coupe
    E93 = vert

10. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Well I did about 5 hours of polishing this morning on the car and found a combo that worked pretty good. I stuck with 2 passes of mez SIP for normal panels and where a little more was needed I used scholl s03+ compound with the scholl white wool pod. I used my makita and a 3m gray BP for all the the correction. I pulled the car outside in the sun after and the common swirls are gone but there is still some defect noticable. The car looks lsp ready but tomorrow I am going to do a another round with a finishing polish just not sure which one yet. I got some pics but will post in the write up when I finish the car.

Sorry for the long rant but man is this BMW paint tuff to work with, but it is true that is is super easy to marr though however. I did notice that I chipped the paint on my rear bumper somehow, I think it was when it when in for service but BMW will never admit to it. I am now starting the search to find someone that can repair the chip before it drives me crazy.

11. odgaard

odgaard Birth of a Detailer

thanks for the update. im doing a jarez black e92 soon. its in great shape but he says he needs a little paint correction so we will see how it goes!