DWG 2.0 Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by detaildoc, Mar 15, 2010.

1. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Most Recent Update:

Labels are being printed and then first production run. The scent won't be grape anymore, but coconut. Official name will be Wet Glaze 2.0. Expected release in two weeks. :headbang:

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

3. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

I hope there's a preorder or something that will cost a little less, since I'm SURE I'll be getting this

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That would be great, an intro special.

5. Chineseguy

The price is out, 20 bucks. He's scaring me away...

6. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

ouch!!

plus i gotta factor in international shipping, and he stocks crap so i cant amortise the shipping either

7. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Version 1.0 used to be $18. This one is only $3 more than Chemical Guys EZ Creme and with the 10% off for forum members, that brings the price down to $18, only $1 more than EZ Creme and DWG 2.0 has by far better durability than EZ Creme (DWG lasts about 4-5 weeks, amazing for a glaze) and a little bit goes a long way. So really, it is more cost effective. Got to try it first though and see for yourself if it is worth it for you.

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

The objective comparison is that DWG 2.0 has way better durability. Application and removal of DWG 2.0 is also a lot easier. EZ Creme brightens the paint a bit, DWG 2.0 darkens (adds warmth). IMO (subjective part) DWG adds more wetness and depth than EZ Creme. I think it will actually be $19.95, he just hasn't changed it yet.

9. Chineseguy

For a white car, I'd want it to brighten the paint more than darken it right?

I guess I'll get this when I get a darker color car

10. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I tried it on my wife's light beige SUV and it still made it look amazing, cause it added a lot of wetness, gloss and depth, so it still goes well. Nothing wrong with warmth on a light colored car.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

It still has to get topped off with a good quality carnauba, right? Can you compare this glaze to Gloss It Concourso?

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

You can use it as a base under a sealant or a wax, or on top of either. I haven't done a comparison between the two, but I might do that. The one thing I can say is that GI Concorso doesn't last but a few days, while Wet Glaze 2.0 can last about a month.

13. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Awesome.

I have been using nubas a little more these days and usually topping over a sealant but 2.0 would be ideal as a basecoat.

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

15. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Just came in today. Love the coconut scent, although it is kind of subtle. I hear the next batch will have a stronger scent.

[​IMG]

16. domino

i would love to try this

but shipping is going to kill me, plus theres nothing else he stocks worth buying to amortise the shipping costs

17. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Yeah, shipping to Australia might be a pretty penny. Here are some things that I get from him that are worth trying, IMO.

The Eurow's MF's and the new phat towels (my favorites)
    Sonus Leather Conditioner (amazing)
    Victoria Waxes (coming soon)
    Blue and Red Clay Magic
    Sonus Green Clay
    Sonus SFX 4 Paint Sealant
    Ultima Paint Guard Wash (my favorite Shampoo)
    Tapered Edge Foam Applicators
    Dressing Applicators
    Grip Foam Applicators
    Sonus SFX Applicator
    3" Buff and Shine Pads
    ONR
    303 Aerospace Protectant
    Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover

18. CEE DOG

CEE DOG Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the great review and information!

19. domino

thanks for the heads up detaildoc

ill take another look at his site

20. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

He now carries Victoria Wax, only the small sizes for now, but will be getting the larger ones soon.