DWG 2.0 Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by detaildoc, Mar 15, 2010.

1. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I don't know when it will be released, but I'm definitely getting me a few bottles when it comes out.

The depth it adds is insane also. Have you tried putting it on top of RBOE?

2. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

You mean RBOE, and then Danase classic wax?

never really tried layering two different waxes together

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I thought by Danase you meant the glaze. I meant topping RBOE with DGW.

4. Chineseguy

Oh no, lol

I meant I preferred the Danase wax over the RBOE.

But as of glaze, I believe I had the CG ez creme underneath the RBOE, and still didn't like it as much as the Ez creme + Danase wax

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I'll be putting a coat of RBOE with the DWG 2.0 next weekend if it doesn't rain. That combo should be interesting since both add very nice warmth. The Danase Classic Wax with the original DWG is awesome.

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Shit that looks awesome, V1 was great to start! Thanks for the review!

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

nice review!!!

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

It is. I would say the look it gives is somewhere between Pete's 53 and RBOE, warm, wet, and glossy with crazy depth.
    Thanks dude.

9. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I wonder and so far haven't found anything conclusive on the effects of a pure acrylic glaze like DWG and its affect on durability of sealants.

Anybody have info on that end, considering your LSP of choice technically does NOT have a fully stripped finish to bond to when DWG is applied./

10. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That's a good question. DWG is more of a sealant based glaze as opposed to an oil based, so I would think it plays nice with sealants. Where's TOGWT?

11. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Pretty sure it would be "polymer" based if were more sealant like but even polymer sealants can be solvent based (oily)

I never found DWG to be oily however. Need some more info on its formulation, either way I think the V2 is something I want.
    :hippie:

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Update: The paint looks even better today, more glossy. I don't know what the curing time on it is, but 12 hours made it even nicer.

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Yeah, this version does not feel oily either. My understanding is that durability was also improved.

14. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

wait is it out yet?

15. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

No, not yet, but I think very soon. I just checked out the website and under "glazes" there's a spot for it with the name "Wet Glaze" but no price.

16. Chineseguy

So who's going to be carrying this product?

17. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Dave will be. I don't know if it would be against the rules to post the site, so I just sent you a pm.

18. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

any updates on this??

19. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Thanks for the review, I feel like I am so behind the times being away from the forums for a while. I sure hope Dave continues with Danase products. I like what I have tried. The Swirl Abolishers were ok but all the other items I have really liked.

20. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Last thing I heard, it might be ready in the next month or so (that was like a week ago). I can't wait.

I don't think he will, which is too bad. I tried to talk him into continuing the Danase Classic Wax and I know many people asked him as well, but I think for now he will only continue the DWG.