Duragloss

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by P1et, Apr 23, 2008.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Thanks Al, I was seeing the same thing. I used 4 ounces for 5 gallons, but easily should be able to scale that back to 3 ounces for 5 gallons and be fine.

And yes, I drive a truck, but I still make way too much soap and water. I fill a 5 gallon bucket, but always end up throwing at at least 2 gallons. A bit of a waste...

2. Strokin04

Strokin04 Birth of a Detailer

I just placed an order with Duragloss for some more DG 201 leather/vinyl, DG 501 rv/marine polish and also decided to try the track claw polish. I wonder how good of a combo DG 501 topped with track claw will be (AL-53 where are you)?

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I want to try track claw as well. I am hoping my paint and body shop can get some, I get some good deals on other DG stuff through them. I like the way 501 topped with 111 worked on my White Lincoln

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

its a real nice combo.....501 wil do a great cleaning and add a very durable base as good as 105..and the TK is going to add a different look than thier other sealant...super slick and wet and glossy....

and for the shampoo..I use 1 1/2 oz tops for 3 -3.5 gallons and I still think I can use less....stuff is pretty concentrated.....

AL

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Here is the hood of my car from today. I used 501 and 111 in April, since then just normal washed and Meguiars M135 QD. Car has not been washed in 2 weeks and only M135 here is the hood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Sounds like the Track Claw could be of great help in keeping bugs off of the front end or at least making them easier to remove.

7. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

8. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Not sure if they just repackaged it or not.....I will call and ask..the last time I talked to them they said the were doing some changes to some products....

last time I used 104 I did one panel at a time and wiped off..it worked good...if you get a stubborn spot just wipe it with a MF with FC&S on it....come off easy then...

this stuff does last..but sorta a pain to get the right way to put on and remove....

I will find out for you

AL

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

AL have you had the chane to try the Duragloss HD Truck & Equipment Wash? What did you think of it? COuld this be used as a wash for the engine (one that is not covered with oils and grease)?

10. P1et

Another product I've had great luck with on the Duragloss line is DG 751 RAIN REPEL. Has anyone else used this? That stuff just sticks to the windows, even after many many many washes, water does not stick to it. I just use it as a regular window cleaner, definitely worth a try. I just picked it up in the store last time I was at Carquest.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

sounds like it's worth a try...

12. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Made a small order for some items to try:
    Duragloss PBA (Polish Bonding Agent)
    Is similar to an epoxy (A&B) and bonds chemically when it comes into contact with durable polishes. 8 oz 1 $7.49 $7.49

Duragloss RBD (Rubber & Flat Black Dressing)
    Contains a blend of polymeric synthetic polymers in a solvent base. 8 oz 1 $6.99 $6.99

Duragloss CWC (Car Wash Concentrate)
    Is a highly concentrated blend of mild surfactants and cleaners that actually enhance the shine of painted vehicles each time it is used. 64 oz. 1 $16.45 $16.45

Duragloss NG (Glass Water Spot Remover)
    Is a blend of cleaners and selected abrasives formulated to remove water spots from glass surfaces. 8 oz 1 $6.99 $6.99

Already have: 501, AW, detail spray, others I can't remember.

13. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

The dg105 track claw and the wash 901 maybe are my favorite products from them.

14. P1et

I just stripped the Zaino off my truck and replaced it with DG 105. After two washes, LOVING IT!!!

15. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Just "stripped" the car using CWG (1oz to 2gal) and put some DG105 on. Bad news is, when I was applying the 601, it was actually 105.

Moral of the story: Don't detail in the dark.

16. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I'm also starting to respect DG products. I just tried the plastic polish. Best I've tried yet...:thumb: I'm glad that this thread came back so I could read it.This Is very educational...:thumb:

17. P1et

As another update, I have now scaled down the 901 ratio from 4 ounces to 5 gallons to 2 ounces to 5 gallons and it's still fantastic. This shampoo ended up being much more economical than I thought before...

18. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

I am loving the Duragloss RBD (Rubber & Flat Black Dressing). Looks nice-no streaking/running onto paint. Beads water like crazy.

19. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I actually just tried 901 last night with softened water and that stuff is pretty amazing. It may be one of my go-to prospects.

20. sweetlou

sweetlou Two Bucket System Washer

501 is listed as a marine/rv cleaner. Is it safe to use regularly on car paint? What about colors other than white, is there a cleaner thats good but not all that powerful. Seems like the 501 is just a chemically strong cleaner with no abrasives. Im interested in aw, 901, 105 and this track claw i hear about, but also want a good pre-wax cleanser like lime prime or aio type.