Duragloss

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by P1et, Apr 23, 2008.

1. distrbd

distrbd New Member

You only need a few squirt on the whole car ,have two MF towels one would be your applicator and one to wipe,spray some on the applicator and a couple on let's say the hood ,spread with the applicator,wipe and dry with the other towel.

You would need less and less to spray on the car or on the applicator as you are almost done half way..

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Got my Duragloss order in yesterday, pics tonight!!!

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Tease....
    Tomorrow is my big day... Goin to see how clean 501 can get my white lincoln

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

If your going to use a PC with the 501....use speed 2-3 ..I find it works better than a higher speed as it works longer and will not flash fast....LC white pad works good also or a Blue LC works good if paint is not all to bad...

Al

5. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

wear some sunglasses :)

6. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Oh yea I have been reading all your posts Al about Duragloss. I will be using Meg clay or some Clay Magic, Prima polishes then the 501.

7. mnguyen

mnguyen Virgin Detailer

I ordered from DG's website last Tuesday and still haven't received the products yet. How long does it take to ship to CA?

8. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I would think 1-2 business days to process the order (not sure exactly how fast they are) and the 4-5 business days to ship UPS Ground.

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

10. P1et

So I finally got to try my Duragloss 901 and WOW, what a fantastic shampoo! I used about 4 ounces for 5 gallons and it was probably the slickest shampoo I've ever used.

Very much my favorite at this point!

11. Strokin04

Strokin04 Birth of a Detailer

I am thinking of ordering their Track Claw sealant, I hope Al-53 will report back soon on how well it works.

12. Al-53

buy it....its slicker than all hell....looks great also....I was told durability was around 3-4 months tops..so not as durable as 105...but is real nice on paint....my new one arrived lat week after I dumped my other new one on accident...lol..never used it and I but it in the box with the cap open and it all spilled out...

but is definitely a nice product....SnabyBreal has been using it awhile now and he told me how slick it was ..thats what made me get it

AL

13. Strokin04

Strokin04 Birth of a Detailer

Ordering, thanks for responding back Al-53.

14. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

piet, can you qualify that versus Optimum car wash and PBSSS? Hard or soft water down there? Thanks man.

15. P1et

Unfortunately, I cannot. I have a gallon of Duragloss 901, Meguiars Gold Class and Chemical Guys Citrus Wash 'n Gloss. The Duragloss is the slickest and smells incredible. The only downside is that I need to use 4 ounces for 5 gallons. The CG soap is only 1 ounce per 5 gallons but it remains a STRONG soap. So you pay a bit more, but you have a great maintenance soap when your car is wearing a nice LSP.

Water is on the softer side here.

PS: that 501 is amazing as well, cleaned up black paint very nicely on a white pad with the PC! Great product, even though it stained the pad, couldn't wash it all off... Well, I am sure the product was out of the pad, but the color remained on the pad.

16. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

No problem. Thank you for the additional input. Tonight I used a weak solution of Adam's in my gilmour foam gun for an initial soak, then the optimum in my wash bucket. my rinse bucket ended up with WAY more suds compared to the wash.

After the regular water rinse as well as the CRSpotless rinse, the coat of DG105 I'd applied a couple of weeks ago was still beading like a champ. Dried the car and topped with Dodo Purple Haze.

Another positive for the 501...looks like that's on the top of the "to get" list. KAIO stained my pad to a dirty yellow, so I guess a dirty pad means both 501 and KAIO are doing their job deep cleaning.

17. Bunky

Bunky Guest

My DG901 bottle says 1 oz (3 capfuls) per gallon. From what I have seen, it may be fine at even half that.

18. Al-53

I use 1 1/2 ozs to 3-4 gallons of water..and its still slick and cleans good...try different ratios and see whats works...5 ozs to 5 gallons is a lot to me...lol...I know what the bottle says..but stuf is pretty concentrated and I use less than whats stated on the bottle and its very slick and cleans super...I just think they want you to buy more faster....

Al

19. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

Wow you guys use a lot of soap solution. Do most of you drive trucks?

20. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I actually had use DG901 this weekend. My observations is that it seems to sheet better when rinsing and definitely leaves something behind. I have used Mothers too and it seems to clean well but but does not seem to have that sheeting factor. DG is more a gel.

I almost think it is too strong at 1 oz per gallon. I will cut back based upon AL-53's confirmation of this use.