Duragloss

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by P1et, Apr 23, 2008.

1. richy

richy Guest

Roger..order it from DG directly and get yourself a gallon. Shipping's only $5. so you can't lose..trust me on this product. The shipping is a flat fee regardless of what you purchase so it gives some incentive to try other things.

2. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

I actually drove 60 miles to my closest Carquest just to get AW. Crazy...but well worth it.

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Yes. AW is in my "top ten products I've ever tried" list, and probably in the top half of it.

4. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

hehe, I own AW luckily ... If I order from USA, the freight cost will kill me + damn high tax in Indonesia. So, I asked my fren do help me get from Singapore ... its not cheap as well ... the price as follow:

#101 8oz = USD 15.30
    #601 8oz = USD 15.30
    #105 16oz = USD 18.00
    #951 22oz = USD 15.30
    #751 220z = USD 12.50
    Bug remover 22oz = USD 12.50

Total USD 88.90 not including freight cost yet & tax ...
    Its soo expensive rite? hm ... Detailing products are so expensive in SouthEastAsia ...

Anyone voluntary give me free shipping to Indonesia for #501 hahaha ... JK sob ... but seriously :p

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Hey Roger, there are other places than Carquest that carry it. Visit duragloss's website, there's a list of auto places that carry it. I need to get some more, as I only have a few oz. left.

6. Oliver

Oliver Virgin Detailer

The distributor in Singapore has got 501.

Duragloss
    Index-MD

7. ahwil_lim

When I order, i couldnt find on MD website ... why? :duh: why put on duragloss blogspot :devil:

so I picked up #101 & #105 ...

hm .. I must waiting next visit from singapore frens ... bcoz I cant find in Indonesia ... hiks hiks ... I asked my fren order through 2) North-East (Seng Kang) Contact (+65) 9780 0479
    , its very rush as well ... bcoz she took the morning flight ... she ordered on the evening bfore take off ... hehe

Anyway, May I know why the price in spore are so expensive compared to USA price list? :p

8. Oliver

Oliver Virgin Detailer

I'm not sure but considered very cheap compared to as if we ordered ourselves online. Comparing Duragloss to the rest of the products like autoglym, Meguire etc. The price for Duragloss is considered reasonable.

9. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

This is a True Statement^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I went to a local CQ and lets just say, someone needs a DustMop.........Wow, there was an Inch of Dust on every bottle.......

More Dust then a Coal Mine... :lol:

10. richy

richy Guest

For those of us who are AW crack whores (I proudly count myself in here), I posted a thread which seemed to get lost in the shuffle about an alternative method of applying AW. It worked very well and seemed to improve the look of the AW. The link is here.

11. Hamilton

Hamilton Virgin Detailer

Can anyone chime in about their experience with the water spot remover (505)? How well does it work? Is it like a specialty QD?

Thanks

12. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Anyone tried DG CWC in their foam lance? How well does it perform?

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I tried it, performs very well.

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Holy cow, their 921 "Fast Clean and Shine" QD freaking ROCKS. Impossibly slick finish, beautiful shine, and no haze to clean up. This might be the best QD I've yet to try.

I just bought some today, and will post when I try it out on something.

15. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I take back what I said above about trying the 505 water spot remover. I meant to get a bottle of the Nu-Glass stuff, and picked the wrong bottle up by mistake. I'll be returning the 505 tomorrow. Sorry. :sorry:

Anyway - 921 is my new favorite QD. Great looks and it's EASY to use. No hazing. Cheap too. Duragloss is fast becoming one of my favorite lines. I've yet to try anything made by them that hasn't been outstanding.

16. richy

richy Guest

Karl...I just got a small order from them...601, 105 for my customers' cars. I also got 111 to try (tried in on a few panels and loved it so far) as well as the Fast Clean & Shine. I too am in love with it. Did you read the bottle? It says to amp up the shine even more after applying either 105 or 111 that you follow it up with FC & S. I tried it...it just glowed...I was very impressed. I actually think I may like it more that AW. I didn't think that was possible. I'll definitely be getting a gallon. Oh, I also tried the glass repel on your recommendation..it rocks too. I washed my car tonight as we're going to Milton tomorrow for a 50th anniversary party, and the dissipation of the water was unbelievable. Between it and Menzerna, I'm getting to be a 2 product line guy.
    Edit: I also added some rain repel to my washer fluid..we'll see if that seems any different.

17. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I'm going to have to try 105; I have yet to find it locally, so when I finally get some DG by the gallon, I'll toss some of that in too. For sealants I've mostly been using AJT and Jetseal, occasionally Auto Balm on dark cars.

The Rain Repel stuff is the heat! I love it. I'm using it in my washer fluid already. It's hard to tell how well it works in this application, since my vehicles all get Rain Repel anyway. However, the Rain Repel "effect" basically lasts forever now, and I'm sure part of that is down to using it in my washer fluid.

18. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Richy glad to see you liked 111, it it one of my favs. If you like FC&S, try the Marine QD it is juist as great with more cleaning ability IME

19. ahwil_lim

I do hv:

D101, 105, 601, 951, 471

Im going to place order for some DG stuff as follow:

DG 501 Marine polish (miss out on 1st time ordered)
    Track Claw Racing Polish
    DG 111 CC polish
    DG 901 Wash concentrated
    DG 505 Water spot removal (any1 use it? is it work to remove water spot?)
    DG 420 HD Cleaner & Degrease (cant find any review of this one)
    DG enviroshield
    DG 521 Marine QD (is it better then DG 921 F&CS?

Im not very sure about DG tyre n interior stuff, there is not many reviews abt it ... I hope some1 could share abt it ...

Pls be advised ....

cheers

20. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

521 works very well, I can not tell you if it is better than 921 as I haven't used that product yet. The CWC is great, smells good, very slick. The racing polish is a PITA to remove IMO if you apply too much, put it on THIN. As for their interior products, I was impressed with 321. To my nose it smells like coconut, easy application, just spray and wipe, great durability so far (it's only been on about 1.5 months) gives a nice restored look IMO, if you check out my VW Jetta detail I used 321 on the interior and the result was good.