Duragloss

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by P1et, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

it is very safe for paint and any color you want to use it on..as far as abrasives..it does have micro abrasive in it...no real correction product..but will reduce marring...

the stronger the chemical action the cleaner the paint...501 gets right down to the micro pore level to lift out contaminants ..that's why white comes out so brilliant....it disolves road grime and deep emission residue in the paint...

now to me its best to have a polymer protection base even when using a wax..since wax does not actually bond to paint but float adheres to it....meaning it just lays there stuck to the paint ..where as a polymer actually bonds to the polymers in the paint makeup...its crosslinking...something a wax does not do...unless its a hybrid wax containing a polymer like Fuzion..Collinite...CG 50/50....

you let the sealant protect and the wax take the beating

AL

2. bjorke

bjorke Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for a great thread guys. After some reading, i ordered 501 and 111 some time ago. I've never tried Duragloss before, and i'm very impressed! WOW is all i can say. The 501 cleans up really nice and adds a deep wet-look. Couldn't see so much difference after applying the 111, but i must say the DG products is some of the best i've tried :)

3. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Wow! What a great thread. It took me almost an hour to go through it, but I've learnt so much about DG.
    Thanks to everybody who contributed & to AL, in particular.

4. robson

robson Virgin Detailer

:support:

Really great threads and I learned a lot too.

I just started to use DG not too long ago after given some samples maninly 501,601,105,TC.. I hv to say I'm impress. Is not expensive and the results are on par with those top end stuff. Is easy to buff off as well which is important.

tks

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I really like 501, 111 and Track Claw (which I need to order)

6. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

We've got a 19 page knowledgebase on Duragloss here? I had no idea!

I've had 501 for a while now thanks to JL's recommendation, but I just tried AW a little while ago. Um...wow. That stuff really knocked my socks off.

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

AW is great but I still reach for OCW most of the time, but use AW for windows

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I was wondering if anyone has done a comparison between AW and OCW. I use AW all the time and LOVE it.

Do you use OCW before drying the vehicle?

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Since we're currently talking about AW, and I'm trying to cure myself of "experimentitis," I have a question as well.

Can AW be used as part of an ONR wash?

10. pektel

I've used it with ONR. I guess I didn't really notice any negative effects. I would imagine you are concerned with the surfectant properties of ONR having an adverse reaction with AW?

11. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Right. Making AW not lay down properly, or streak, or...something. I didn't really know. I'm new to AW.

After my well documented misadventures "experimenting" with stuff here recently, I'm trying to get better. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, something like that...

12. scottBT

scottBT Birth of a Detailer

duragloss is very good, ex scientist from meguiars helps them if im not mistaken.
    im a DG authorised user in the uk and can safely say all the products do what they say on the tin.

13. pektel

I'll try it out in the next couple days for you krschultz. I'll be sure to pay special attention to if there are any issues. See, thing is, I always have a bucket of ONR in the garage. I have a soft brush in there to wipe down the wheels after I get home. I do it almost every day. I just give them a once over with the brush, spritz with AW, and dry. Never noticed anything adverse.

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I think I'm gonna go ahead and try it. Seems like a pretty benign experiment. I've got a big national autocross to travel to on Friday morning, and it's going to be raining until...Friday morning. So I'm gonna do an ONR in the garage. Now that I've tried AW, I don't want to wash without it!

15. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I wash with ONR, one pass with a MF towel leaves the paint with some water still, spray OCW and another MF towel and dry.

16. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

It just dawned on me that if I over-dry a panel, I can just do it again.

17. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

If the panel is dry with one pass then you can still spray on the OCW with no problems. I use to dry the entire car then spray the car with OCW until a member of Optimum told me this method.

18. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

AW works like money as part of an ONR wash. I did it today.:headbang:

19. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Good job Karl, makes for nice easy washing and waxing

20. robson

robson Virgin Detailer

Hi, sorry for my limited knowledge on these No rinse wash or different washing method. You mean I can mix the AW into the shampoo like my dg901?