dsms detailed - My Black Audi A5 winterized...

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Dec 27, 2008.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

congrats now you only need to drop the car and put some 19's on it : )

kw v3's and maybe some BBS or HRE Monoblocks.

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Thanks Phil, the car is already sitting on the 19" option wheels and I just got michellin pilot sports in place of the summer tires but maybe a wheel upgrade will come down the road. If im going "big baller" I might save up for some Ultraleggera's but for now I am more than content.

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

that's cool just making some suggestions.

hit me up I get wheels wholesale : )

BBS etc. maybe some BBS CK's in 20's.

[​IMG]

4. Bigpikle

Bigpikle Any Rag Vehicle Washer

that is gorgeous and looks stunning in your pics...

A5 will hopefully be my next car, but the 3.2 Quattro is a bit beyond my budget with UK prices :lol:

5. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Wow, does that ever look great!! I absolutely love those new A5's! Good taste, and great work!

6. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I'm a big fan of the new A5s. I'd love to have an S5. Car looks great dsms!!! What, no Fenix shot?!?!

Good to know Phil gets wheels wholesale too!!!

7. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

NO WAY you get BBS wholesale! We need to talk Phil. :worship2:

OP: I think you missed my previous question. Could you enlighten:applause2: me please.

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

For this one I used the TAW un-dilluted because of the amount of salt built up on the lower panels of my car, sometimes I'll cut it with DI water and put in it a hand pump sprayer similar to one you use for garden pesticides and pre-soak the car that way.

9. kaval

kaval Two Bucket System Washer

Congrats on the car! The results look absolutely fantastic!

10. Takumi587

Takumi587 Birth of a Detailer

GoodJob:applause2:

11. richy

richy Guest

OMG..I have never seen an A5 up close like that. If it looks that good in pictures, I can just imagine what it's like in person...just amazing. The paint finish is amazing. Love it. The wheels are also amazing...I wouldn't change them for anything..just my :2cents:. You must be very proud of your ride..I know I sure would be; congrats!!

12. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

nice ride you in uppersaddleriver? im in hohokus.. not to far from ya

13. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

^^Not in USR, im more close to the Closter area,

14. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Sharp car! That's odd that it's soft. Figured it would be rock hard.

15. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Wow looks even better outside...that is a badass car

16. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Really? I live in Boston and I don't see many exotic cars or anything but I see one of these or an S5 every other day.

17. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Thanks J Bell !

Some may feel my garage lighting distorts the real look of the finish buts its just that in my garage i have lighting beaming down on every panel of the car all the time so you get a very bright effect on paint, its nice because you see the depth and clarity really well but I agree with you that the outside shots are better, natural lighting really shows off the lines better.

18. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

That is a very sweet looking car!

19. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEf CAAAAKE!!!!!!:yikes:

20. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I cant express to you how annoyed I was when I did my first wash and QD and found the paint was super soft. I bet the metallic black is harder than this but for now im stuck with it. Fortunately the paint has very little OP which is nice, I just need to be overly careful when wiping it down and such.

One of the reasons I got the Audi was because around here in NJ there are very very few of them. I do see more S5's than A5's but even at that its usually a rare site. Oddly there are about 10x more BMW 335's around here, that is a great car but theres nothing unique about it now that everyone has one (my brother included as he got one a few months ago). I always like to seperate myself from the "pack":giggle: