dsms detail - Porsche Carrera GT

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Jan 15, 2010.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I finished this car a while back and finally got some photos together. I have to say I am disappointed I did not get to do my usual step by step documentation for this car as it was done in the owners other garage where several other vehicles are housed, for the sake of professionalism and his privacy I opted to snap only a few photos down there and not go crazy as I usually do at my own garage.

The Carerra GT has been on my to-do list since I started detailing and I finally got my hands on one. If I had my preferance this would be a 200pic. writeup :shrug:

Out of 1200 built this is an early car. Objective was to thoroughly clean, decontaminate and protect the paint. The owner and I decided full correction was not needed after we inspected the car together and found just light wash marring, I went for jeweling it out instead to create a nice level gloss and follow up with the protection.

I was able to carry out a full wash outside before going inside.

Wheels first, Porsche carbon ceramic brakes should be handled gently and without wheel cleaner. Simply some Zaino Z7 soap in a bucket with various brushes did the job just fine.

[​IMG]

The car was cleaned using the FK1 decon. wash, very mild shampoo w/ the 2BM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the wash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I clayed the car with fine clay using LT 1:1 as lube, by the time I finished it was dark already

[​IMG]

I finished the remaining process indoors.

Wiped down the engine and protected all the carbon fiber trim with JetSeal which I let cure for 30mintes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Carbon fiber roof(s) removed for cleaning and interior work

[​IMG]

Placed in cloth bags

Leather was cleaned and conditioned, doorjambs hand polished and sealed as well as the CF door trim and part of the CF tub.

[​IMG]

The woodgrain shiftknob is one of my favorite things about this car, just classy,

[​IMG]

Jetseal on the door and tub carbon, also sat for 1/2 hour

[​IMG]

Keith Collins matts again, vacuumed and cleaned with Folex mist

[​IMG]

Wheels and calipers were hand polished and sealed, PCCB's dont emit much of any brake dust really so these will be clean for a while

[​IMG]

Total polishing time with the makita was 3.5hrs. Car was given 2 IPA wipedowns to ensure no oils were left and then a coat of Werkstat prime was machined on using the DA. Opti seal was applied to the glass.

[​IMG]

Applying sealant...

[​IMG]

Finished product

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the GT a few days later at an outdoor event...

[​IMG]

Time spent 17hrs

Definitely a pleasure to work on one of my favorite cars. Thanks for looking.

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Great work as usual Dave.

How do you like the KR Decon kit? I don't know if I should get the KR or the Valugard Decon kit.

BTW, I have seen so many of the Keith Collins mats on your writeups that I decided to check them out for my car ... needless to say, the mats are works twice as much as my car ... LOL

I love the garage too!!!

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Great work again! Such a great looking P-Car! Nice work.

4. Dr Wax

Dr Wax Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wow ! That is impressive work ! I envy you for working on such beautiful cars, you really impress me with every one of your jobs, so I'm sure the clients are too ! :thumb:

5. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Wow. Everything about this post is win. The work is superb as always, pictures are top notch, and the cars + garage = game over. Nice job Dave!

6. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

You got to love that guy's cars and garage. Car looks great!

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Stunning work there Dave, the vehicle looks lovely!

8. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

Damn Dave that is one sexy car and your work was phenomenal

9. Peter W.

Peter W. Virgin Detailer

Did the owner of this Carrera GT just pick this car up about a year to a year and a half ago used from another guy from NJ. I detailed a Carrera GT about 1-1.5 years ago with the exact color combination from NJ but the owner sold it to another gentlemen from NJ because he couldn't handle the car, it was way out of control for him. I figured this may be the car since you needed little polishing time to correct the paint. My brother and I got the car almost perfect when we detailed it. Car is SICK!!!! By the way, great job with all the cars you do, I have been following your work on here and Exotics rally, I am a member on there as well. My brother and I used to detail high end cars in NJ but I am a doctor now so no more time for my passion of detailing cars, :-( keep up the great work!!!!

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Great job as usual David.

11. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Looks Great!

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Damn that is freaking hot.

13. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

another superb job ... nice car...

14. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

such a beautiful ride. Now THATS the perfect porsche ;)

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Simply amazing work, Dave! Considering the cost on this one, yes, I' would expect it to be 200 pics write up, plus an HD video...

16. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Great work, Dave. Amazing opportunity!

17. Petrucci_M3

Petrucci_M3 Jedi Nuba

Nice work!!

18. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

Fantastic work Dave!. So happy for you and the work you've been getting. I think I've seen that garage and home in a magazine lol. It looks amazing!

19. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

Great work David!!!

20. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Terrific work Dave, thanks for sharing with us :thumb:

Must have been a special place to spend some time working on these beautiful motor cars!