dsms detail - My winter prep finished

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Hey Dave your car looks great. I wanted to know what you thought of the CG Diablo Wheel Gel? Thanks again- Erik Mejia.

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I cant give a legit review on a product I used only once and that being said my wheels arent the best test bed, sure they were filthy when I cleaned them but nothing was baked in and they had some previous wax on them so they cleaned up easy.

For the gel itself I mixed it at 2:1, it says on the bottle 3:1 but I reckon that would equate to the same cleaning power as something like P21s and since I already have that and use it all the time i figured diablo wold be week suited for delicate but very dirty wheels. Of course its more economical so in the future it may replace the P21s with a lighter dilution.

I can say that I love the smell, bubblegum wheel cleaner is brilliant, no caustic smell! For clinginess it definitely sticks to the wheels and runs slooooowly. I also like that it rinses clean, doesnt take forever to blast out the suds, this is important to me for car wash shampoos and wheel cleaners.

I really want to use it on some nasty wheels and let it sit for a while than give a better review.

3. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

damn your only 18 and detailing at a high level, i think your gonna be the next paul dalton... oh ya great job on the car looks awesome

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Paul is awesome but I never aspire to be someone else, just aspire to be the best me I can be :hippie:

UPDATE: got some of the correction pics up from a few weeks back and shots I took outside today after a drive.

The clear is super soft so the little tocuh will mar, I cant tell you how annoying that is when you want to have your car perfect as often as possible. With that its also a bitch to finish down which is why it takes so long to polish it but I wanted it perfect so I took as long as needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I drove the car today and took some shots when I got home.

In the first set of pics I know the tires look greasy (point and shoot flash), better with some natural daylight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

Absolutely gorgeous and hey when I was 18 I drove a 7 year old mustang so enjoy it !

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Nice job, and nice Audi. I do love the smell of Diablo and works pretty well...is that a Jet Beam light you are using, have a Jet-III M myself and love it.

9. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Black is not a colour, it's a part time job.

10. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Beat me to it, I thought about posting the song next time I comment on something of yours.

For those of you who care, Phil and I discovered our love of the song "Party in the USA" yesterday. Hate all you want but you cannot deny a song of that caliber... just make sure if your rollin' down the street with in blasting, that both windows are up :thumb:

11. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

amazing! lol that's what happens when you stay in the shop for 12 plus hours....

first step step of 2 down on the cayman..

12. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

your work is way above par...I really wish i had that car it is so damn sexy

13. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I love and hate detailing mine (Black Avalanche). Car looks sweet, I am really digging the newer Audi's. Nice lines and when they're done right they look amazing

14. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I don't think it's his car at all. I think he jacked it from one of the garages he usually works in. :giggle:

Nah, seriously.......... nice ride, and great work as usual, man!

15. richy

richy Guest

It's a catchy tune (it's WAY better when you see her!!) but THIS is more my style. Just try to move slowly with this on!

16. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Dave, ever think of lowering that thing an inch?

17. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Dave, first off, it's great that you are where you are at your age.

From my personal experience, if I may share them with you, I'm married to an entrepreneur, just like you actually. She would just talk about how she would have her own make-up studio one day and do what she really wanted. At the age of 22, she opened up her studio alone and now, she moved up to a very VERY big make-up studio and managing people.

Gratz on your accomplishments and keep it up man!

ps: that's a great car :)

18. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Yes, daily. But to be honest I wont put any more money into this car mod wise, its a lease so whatever goes in will have to come out later.

19. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Ah I see. Any thoughts on your next car?

20. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Leasing ftl...