dsms detail - My winter prep finished

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

they are not. i drove behind Dave and they are not LED. i was disappointed that they werent, but then again its A5 not S5. but then again even new s5 have leds so maybe swap from new model is possible. wonder if brakes from S5 will fit on this or put some brebmos on it

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Nice car... I must be doing something wrong because I sure as hell wasn't driving around in a car like that at 18!!!

3. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

living with parents helps a lot :)

4. richy

richy Guest

Dave..you got that car looking amazing! I really like the wheels too. Sweet ride indeed.

5. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

Very Nice Car Dave:thumb:

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

That really has zero effect on my car, I make the payments and I pay the insurance of course gas too.

I don't know how many 18 year olds don't live with their parents when they are not yet in college.
    :shead:

7. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i dont know many 18 year olds that drive cars like this :)

well living with parents, you dont have to pay for all other expenses (rent, food, other stuff). so you can spend money on the car ( i know i do, still live with parents and im 24), i wouldnt be able to afford my car if i lived on my own (it was paid for (cash) when it left dealership) and i do pay insurance and other stuff. but you have to agree that living with parents and not worry about other expenses helps :catfight:

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I don't know what you want me to say or feel.... Shoul I have a lesser car because of my age despite being able to pay for it myself? Do I not respect the machine? Do I not take care of it as it should be taken care of?.... No.

I almost didn't post this wrietup because I thought there was a chance someone would bring up some silly (obvious) statements.... And there they are. Again I'm 18, should I be paying a mortgage? Health insurance? Property tax?

You always seem to have something to say it seems.

9. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Looks great Dave, I still haven't been able to hear your exhaust bro. I need a few nice days to take seal up my car for the winter even though it is garaged until the weather breaks. I have seen your car in person many times was there really a need for 12 hours of correction :)

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Apologies if I touched on a sensitive subject...

I think it's great that you have such a nice car.... The fact that you pay for it yourself is even better....

Last thing I meant is for my comment to sound as if I were hating on you.... If anything I think it should eb a source of pride that a young guy works his ass off for something he loves!

11. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

sorry if i said anything wrong or made something seem other ways. no you shouldnt have lesser car and you do take good care of it as car like this should be. sorry if i upset you, didnt mean to

Jason started this :)

12. richy

richy Guest

Dave...can I add my :2cents:? I used to get all sorts of reactions when I was 21 and owned my 1970 Lamborghini Miura S. Some people would say "oh, it's really his father's" and all sorts of crap. 80% of my take home pay went into my monthly car payment which was $1216....a LOT of money for 1985! I sold it after 3 years and made a tidy profit on it. If I knew what then I know now, I'd be a multi-millionaire. God speed to you.

13. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

Glass w/ Opti Seal? please do tell. does it work like rainx or something?

14. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Dave, I wouldn't worry about any and all comments concerning your age and your vehicle. Do what you do and do it Big! And keep on posting your details and write-ups. Like a BAWWSSS!!!!

15. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

No apologies needed, I just wanted to clarify some things.

As for you Misha, glass with opti seal is basically, um, spray opti seal on the supplied applicator pad and wipe it on the glass :shrug:

16. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Who cares about how old you are, or what kind of car you drive? Sure it's a great car, but no one should be the judge of what you should/shouldn't buy with your own money.

Am I jealous? Maybe a little. It would be nice to not have the expense of a mortgage, kid, etc. and afford a nicer ride, but I wouldn't trade any of what I have now.

I mean, hell, I'd have to give up my beer to afford a higher car payment. And that's not happening any time soon :D

Props on the nice ride, Dave. If the parents let you live there rent free, why not splurge a little on the car?

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Awesome car, and beautifully maintained!

18. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

no i mean what does it do for glass? is it like rain repelant or what?

19. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

most likely yes it will repel water. Some people opt to use the same wax or sealant they are already using on the cars paint, and apply it to the glass. I believe i saw an article by Carlos where he did this. I myself have only done this once.

20. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i used FMJ on glass. i guess its same effect