dsms detail - Mini Cooper, Big Correction

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Apr 13, 2010.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Rotary'd the whole car and mirrors with the exception of a few areas where I couldnt use 2 hands.

Go with the makita, I love my little flex and the metatbo is nice but for a solid unit the makita is perfect.

You should never use a torque wrench to remove lugs, you can break them easily that way even if that have a switch for removing. I did used a torque wrench to tighten the lugs after :thumb:

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

To answer your question as i noticed it was overlooked i'm sure it was on accident . . . .

A member on the forum sells extensions. PM me as i think i still have his screen name. The pad/backing combo is . . . . . Uber 3 in. backing plate with a Uber Orange 4 in. pad

from Phil over at Detailers Domain

that is a winning combo for a ton of stuff.

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Great work as always (supa doopa fresh status):afro:

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

great work dave!!!! thanks for sharing ......

5. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

ah, I re-read what i wrote, probably that bad french to english transalation in me that went wrong ;)

I meant you can you use bar(breaker)/then torq to put them back in. Using the breaker bar will give you much more leverage :)

sorry about that,
    marc

6. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Very nice work.

The inside spokes of the wheels are like pockets for brake dust accumulation, must have been tough to remove.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That red looks very wet, nice work!

8. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

nice work as always man. ur details are super cool!

9. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Do you find the rotary harder to use with that long extension?

10. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Not really, I think it works better with larger pads to be honest, I prefer using tiny pads without it but in tight spots the extension is nice. And it came with my metabo, I did not buy it separately.

You are correct, partially, lol. The BP is DD and works great, solid and low profile. The pad is however 3" and from Griots Garage... a 4" pad is too big for certain areas so I use a 3" :thumb:

11. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

love the outcome david

12. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Owner was pleased as well, thank you:mounty: