dsms detail - Lamborghini LP640 Rosso Vik

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Apr 18, 2010.

1. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

Yea that was an enjoyable post. thanks for sharing. that colour is just drop dead amazing.

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Through another forum I actually found out where the name Rosso Vik came from. Lambo had a very sucessful salesman named Vik Keuylian and the color was named for him bringing sucess to Lamborghini sales in the US

What happened...

" For those not in the know, Vik Keuylian cheated the system by offering a Lamborghini fire sale at two of his California-based dealerships, netting him $8.1 million which he has yet to repay to VW Credit Inc., who originally financed the cars at a cost of $12 million.

We originally asked how someone could sell 54 Lamborghinis (or 8% or Lamborghini's 2008 total U.S. sales) in eight days and it seems as if that question has been answered. He sold many to wealthy Hollywood elite like, Sharon Stone, Kobe Bryant, but also sold a package of 23 to Newport Beach entrepreneur, Levon Gugasian, owner of Newport Collectibles exotic auto dealership. Included in the plea agreement is one instance where Gugasian paid Keuylian, in cash, $60,430 for a single 2009 Lamborghini LP640. Silly thing is, VW Credit Inc. had originally financed it for $387,720. "

3. iddqd

iddqd Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How do you work with a clear film wrapped panel as opposed to a regular painted one? Do you treat it the same as a clearcoat?

4. Zippy

Zippy Virgin Detailer

Ok so your saying you don't polish the film just around it? also if you want to correct the scratches on the film how would you do that thanks.

5. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Nope. If I used the same process and speed on the film as I did on the paint I would surely have burnt the plastic film and caused major damage.