dsms detail - 50hr. Range Rover Correction

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Feb 10, 2010.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

One of my customers cars, did it several months back, theres a writeup he somewhere. He rents that part for winter or when hes not driving the car.

DI water or even pure bottled water is great for doing a final wipedown because the water helps dissipate smearing that may occur with an LSP. Doing an IPA wipedown at that stage would just strip off most of the sealant. Plus I wont use any quick detailers to do a final wipe for 2 reasons, one is that the cleaning agents in QD (and some contain alcohol!) can affect the curing of you LSP if it hasnt sat for a good 12 hours and it can sometimes do what I call "overload" the finish, thus just make things more smeary instead of reducing the smearing which is the goal if the water wipedown.

Thanks, mod!

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Excellent work Dave.

Nice work on the interior leather as well. Those seats came out looking awesome.

What was the temperature of the heat gun on the lowest setting?

Also, which wool duster is that?

3. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

that is the best turn around ive ever seen

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I will have to check Roger. And the duster is Zymol.... only Zymol product I own, works greats however!

5. Follmer

Follmer Birth of a Detailer

Looks amazing! Great work! Your very organized as well!

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

OCD when it comes to the garage :shrug:

7. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Wow amazing write up thanks for sharing! What did you use on the plastic trim/vents?

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Mixture of things, black wow, gummi pledge, 303

9. sjf2187

sjf2187 Virgin Detailer

Wow... that thing came out awesome!! My jaw dropped when I saw the leather steering wheel and seats after shots.

Keep up the good work.

10. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

I love the leather work.

being allowed to go all out must have been a treat! It must have been very rewarding

11. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I don't really know how I missed this one but I'm glad sjf brought it back up. dave your skills are getting down right sick, and that was 2 months ago! Thanks for the write-ups!

12. max

max Virgin Detailer

:eek: incredible correction, Rover was in really bad condition..

this is a correction for nr 1 :headbang:

I think you got a lot of satisfaction!

13. zachc

zachc Two Bucket System Washer

you did a tremendous job man

14. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I am dreading seeing this car again in summer, even if it is for a top up.

15. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

dont you hate that ? its kinda like after selling your own car. all the hard work you put in it polishing wax ect. you see it around town with the new owner. and its swirled up and rims are black filled with brake dust..grrrrr....

16. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Owner already told me he accidently wiped down a very dusty panel... its okay, I know he is trying very hard :thumb: