Door Handle Scratches

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by skurzhun, Jun 22, 2009.

  1. skurzhun

    skurzhun Birth of a Detailer

    I've noticed on just about all cars there are tons of scratches in the door handle well, not on the handle it self. Obviously they're from your fingers/nails and jewelry ie rings scratching the paint when you stick your fingers in there to grasp the handle. How are you guys attacking this? You obviously can't fit a polisher in there. I tried using a mf towel and polishing it by hand with little success. Maybe I just need to work it longer by hand. It's just a small detail that bothers me. I worked on a car on Saturday and when I look at the doors my eyes are drawn to behind the door handle where I see the scratches and the lack of gloss and I say to my self that looks horrible.
     
  2. lifemal

    lifemal Wax on..Wax off

    Powergloss + old/ worn polishing pad cut up a bit and made easier to get under the handle.
     
  3. BrendanS

    BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

    I've used ScratchX on it with a foam applicator, works really well.
     
  4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

    Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

    M105 and mf towel... works like a charm!
     
  5. skurzhun

    skurzhun Birth of a Detailer

    Excellent I'll give it a try.
     
  6. Carn

    Carn Welcome to Detailing

    We used a felt pad on a 'dremelesque' tool with some SIP and it turned out great ;)

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  7. Reflect

    Reflect DB Forum Supporter

    Attached Files:

  8. flash gordon

    flash gordon Banned

    :yikes:Wow Carn, thats very creative.I will have to try this sometime, congrats:applause:
     
  9. Carn

    Carn Welcome to Detailing

    Thanks Flash Gordon, it was actually one of Rustbuckets ideas and it worked really well. The tool we used was a rechargeable battery type so be cautious if using something running of AC power and capable of higher speeds ;)
     
  10. richy

    richy Guest

    By hand with a mf and compound has NEVER let me down. Use the same approach you would with any other paint; ie: least aggressive and work your way up. I don't know how thick the paint is there so the least aggressive that works, the better. :)
     
  11. aznives3

    aznives3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

    on my s2k i used megs ultimate compound by hand with some LC spot pads...change the pad aggressiveness according to how bad the scratches were. came out nicely, might have to try the dremel trick, but that makes me a little bit nervous haha
     

Share This Page