Domino's Collection - LSP/Paint Cleaner Heavy!!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by domino, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Nick.944

Nick.944 Birth of a Detailer

Nice! I want to pick up some red moose glaze one day to try out on my guards red 944.

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Looks like you did pick up the AG HD, curious to hear your thoughts mate.

3. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

Beautiful collection. I think I drooled a little bit on my keyboard.

4. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

....and the last piece of my LSP puzzle just came in - that's it, i think im done

Big thank you to Justin for incl. a MF hand app - i actually have 4 of these and they are a great quality app for liquid products

[​IMG]

5. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Great collection domino! Do you have an opinion on Optimum Instant detailer? I'm considering that for a quick detailer and it seems like a good bang for the buck product.

6. domino

i dont have it Brian

i recently sold my Opt Spray Polish, and now just have the OCW, ONR and Poli-Seal

my go to QD for cleaning ability is still Prima Slick. I carry it with me for every detail (i wash/detail at either my parents or our warehouse as i live in an apartment). It comes in handy and has been a blessing so many times im testing a glaze/cleaner or LSP and got caught with a product that is hard to remove - like my last detail last weekend with JW Prime Carnauba + Autobrite Blackmagic

i was a big fan of the Mig QD, but it wasnt the great cleaner i initially thought it was when comparing straight up with Slick in removing some stubborn cured WheelWax

id like to know if the cleaning ability of the OID is any better than Slick, if so ill give it a shot as im almost out of Slick and was contemplating buying the bulk size

7. Socal Brian

Thanks domino when looking at a quick detailer are you more concerned about cleaning exclusive to "pop" or gloss? Or a balance of the two? I'm trying to sort out what I should be looking for too. LOL

8. domino

well it depends on the situation

ive already worked through my QDs and know what adds gloss, what cleans., what adds protection etc

best bang for buck i have in adding gloss and slickness after a wash would have to be FK425, you get pretty much just applied sealant like slickness from it. Migliore's QD has similar slickness, if not better at times imo, but the FK425 wins on value and it flashes quickly. The only issue i have with Migliore QD, just like removal of their waxes, it feels like you're going over the same panel over and over to remove excess product

you also get some good slickness and a deeper wetter look from Slick, so if you want just the one product i recommend Slick

QD's are relatively cheap, go with a supplier that has a few different brands and play around with them

9. Socal Brian

Sounds good, I still have a bunch of stuff to use up but after that I may try some Slick per your recommendation. Thanks

10. domino

couple products direct from Japan......

soft 99's colour charged paste sealant for black.......and their premium paste carnauba

same deal as naviwax, take the cap off and they come bundled with their own sponge app

[​IMG]

11. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Nice looking forward to your findings on these !!

Sent from my EVO4G using tapatalk

12. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

awesome collection u got there !!!!

13. domino

i was planning a correction over the holidays, just a one step with 106FA, but getting my car out in the sun today it doesnt need it

so i might test this duo out sooner than i had planned

ill layer the sealant first, take pics, then top with the carnauba and see if there's any step-up in gloss

a colour charged paste sealant is definitely an interesting theory :shead:

SOFT99 - The King of Gloss

14. domino

bought a karcher k2.360 on the weekend. opted for the 10m extension lead so i have 16m in total and have set it up permanently in the corner with power and hose - i hate having to constantly cart around a high pressure unit all around the car, pulling all the leads etc

lovin the adjustable nozzle, can go down to running water almost for filling up buckets and wetting panels before sponging

have ordered the autobrite foam lance and their 90degree undercarraige lance

[​IMG]

also found an online store in the uk with very cheap shipping to Aus, so stocked up on my SV brushes and thought id try SV glass cleaner. Its not bad, did streak a little, but i prefer the smaller bottle than using my Stoner (which i havent been happy with since they switched from an aerosol can to water based)

[​IMG]

and a small order from our local supplier zas, testing their clay and my second bottle of Slick

[​IMG]

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

SV crystal is great glass cleaner! Have not switched over, and will be getting the 1L bottle next time..Zymol Glas is also another good one I have used...

16. domino

i really wanted the lusso glass, but the shipping with phil incl. the sv brushes is just not economical to Aus

17. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

18. domino

yeh but that site, and the distributor for sv here in Aus, is all out of the brushes i wanted most - the pneu and detailing

the detailing is fantastic for wheel faces and getting into the lug nuts, better than their wheel brush which i use for disc hubs and calipers

the pneu ill use on the dish on my new wheels when i get them on (still waiting for my tyres)

while trying to find a supplier for the sv brushes, i bought the zymol wheel brush from that ebay vendor tcsgarage when i bought all my zymol sponges, and the ring around the bristles broke by the 3rd rim. Ive been using the same sv wheel brush for hubs/calipers for around 6 months now

19. LDTCapitan

LDTCapitan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Killer collection, can I ask what your favorite Spray wax is? Also lately I've just been using Autoglym HD wax on my wheels, any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tony

20. domino

i received my autobrite foam lance and undercarraige lance on friday

gave it a quick go today on the car using BH Autofoam - 100ml and 900 ml water produced more than enough foam

this is after dwelling around 2 mins

the bh af did a very good job cleaning a very dirty car following some major local storms last night, so ill be using this for when it's really dirty

next wash ill try the dp xtreme at a similar dilution with the plan to continue using that for maintenance washes as i did in my foam gun

[​IMG]