Doing an RV

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by odgaard, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. odgaard

    odgaard Birth of a Detailer

    I am going to be doing an RV in the next couple of weeks and its very heavily oxidized and not looking good at all. The original vinyl/decals were removed from it before it was completely covered in a black vinyl. I've been spending the last few days removing the black vinyl and now the owner wants me to polish it.

    I have been searching for some products to use and came up with this:

    Phase 5

    Anyone have any experience with this?

    In the description it says to use a white polishing pad, or should I just stick with a white pad? Is that aggressive enough? I like the idea of Phase 5 as a kind of AIO so I don't need to have a multistep game plan.

    I was considering purchasing a couple 8'' wool or green polishing pads. Any suggestions? Recommendations? Anything? ha

    TIA
     
  2. flash gordon

    flash gordon Banned

    Ouch...I have 2 Prevost I have to mantain...:thud:

    If it wasn't for these 2 Clients having a Dozen other cars between them I would Decline doing them as they through me off kilter. I guess if you did Buses day-n-day-out it would get easier.....But even an H3 Hummer gets me depressed when I know 1 is coming up on the shedule.:giggle:



    :shead:Collunite will be your best friend here

    :shead:Followed by a Good Rotary and a dozen Pads...lol

    :shead:If this thing is chalky white I would wash it with Staight APC to knock down alot of the Oxidation....Good Luck :chips:
     
  3. odgaard

    odgaard Birth of a Detailer

    any recommendations on a specific collinite?

    my makita will be my work hourse :)

    i like the idea of phase 5 since it wouldn't require so many steps

    i agree on the large cars. i absolutely HATE polishing SUVs. Sooo this isn't going to be fun ha
     
  4. sal329

    sal329 Nuba Guru

    Duragloss 501 is great for some oxidation, it will clean and seal and LAST
     
  5. flash gordon

    flash gordon Banned



    :sorry:Wow I forgot I had replied to this Thread, I'm telling you the heat is getting to me.:thud:

    For Chalky White I use Collunite 925(Fiberglass Boat Wax) If the RV has a Gel Coat on the front/back I would use Collunite 870 Fleet Wax on that part.





    :shead:Duragloss 501 would also be a good alternative:thumb:
     

Share This Page