does the rupes have you reevaluating your pricing?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by bryansbestwax, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOMAX

JOMAX Two Bucket System Washer

Interesting thread :)

Sent from my iPhone using
    TapTalk
    2000 Black DRW F-350
    Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

2. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Someone on fb brought up the point of the added costs. If you take the difference in cost from what you would normally have bought and out that against the benefits, the rupes, nanoscrub ect would be an easy sale. How long would it take for you to recoup you cost if nothing else changes but the equipment. You do your $300 detail at the speed of a $200 detail and give the customer a $300 detail. The extra $100 bucks could go the the $300 in added expenses. So essentially in three details you paid for the added costs. If you took two similar machines like the griots and the PC, the cost is almost equal. The griots does work faster than a PC but not by much. But the added $20 could easily be absorbed. Same principles but just the dollar amounts seem so different.

Polishers are a fixed expense anyways. So the more they do the less per car overall cost they have. Polishes are a variable cost that does increase in the amount cars you do. The cost of polish remains steady over the long run, while the polisher costs continually drop with every use. So why do guys make a huge deal about the costs of equipment when over the duration of time it probably costs way less per car than the polish that is being put on the car.

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Because they are cheap MOFOs. Plain and simple. I have had people ask why someone would spend $200k on the Merc in my shop.Thats just dumb. I ask if they've driven one. They usually answer no. Then STFU! If you have no experience with the article in question, then you don't get to have an opinion. Period.

4. JOMAX

JOMAX Two Bucket System Washer

What's a merc?

Sent from my iPhone using
    TapTalk
    2000 Black DRW F-350
    Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

5. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Probably he is talking about a mercedes? what kind of mercedes costs $200k though?

6. bryansbestwax

SLS amg.

7. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

or a maybach

8. 911Fanatic

My clients S65.

9. bryansbestwax

Or that.

10. bryansbestwax

Wow over 2000 views.

11. bryansbestwax

It may ken, but like you said, people may think, jeez this guy is expensive. But if you bill them for the end result that still amounts to $75/hr they probably wouldnt blink an eye.

12. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

do people complain about your current pricing? seems like you have steady work.............

13. bryansbestwax

Nope. But I would assume some may not call if I tacked on 20/hr more. So I decided to go per car again. Which equates to what I charged per hour before.

14. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Some seem to like capitalism when it benefits them.

15. bryansbestwax

Well capitalism benefits more than just one person. How many people does henry fords belief in capitalism employ, just Henry ford. ( I know he is dead). How many people work for microsoft because bill gates thought his software had the potential to make him money? Michael dell made computers in his dorm room to make some extra cash for school, so who benefited from him? Most people work for corporations that were started by a person or people who thought they could make money with something.

16. 911Fanatic

I'm not sure that's a fair statement Al. Bryan is just trying to figure out how to present his services now that a piece of equipment has made short work of an ominous task without offending the potential client.

17. bryansbestwax

I like capitalism.

18. Mpower4life

Mpower4life DB Pro Supporter

Bob does high end cars and correction work only. That is where his hourly comes in and works. From what I understand you are still doing more average vehicles with "one step" type jobs correct? In this instance, you would be better off charging a fixed rate for the one steppers or under and then charge hourly for correction work. I see you keep referring to jobs that are only 5-8 hours which typically will not be a correction type of job. Now, with this said, I know very little about what you are trying to do, and currently do, but just going off of what I am hearing you say here. So by being solo you are trying to increase your profits while keeping you quality correct? As I agree that once you let go of control of your own "art" and skills, it leaves too much room for things to go wrong.

19. Mpower4life

whoops, apparently a missed a few pages of discussion in regards to my last post

20. Mpower4life

uh oh.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.