Does anyone here use a MAC?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by FMINUS, May 20, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Really, you don't say :thinking: interesting.

2. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I'm trying to find more information on the panel in the 30" Dell LCD. Unfortunately I'm not having luck at the moment. I'm trying to be evasive at work about it.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Did you spend $15k on a Mac? In that case why didn't you get Alienware? the make the most powerfull PCs for gaming...

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I am doubting myself now. It's either the 24" or the 30" LCD.

5. Mindflux

because he doesn't game? Maybe he's sick of viruses or spyware or windows in general?

6. raddogz

raddogz Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I switched over about eight or so years ago, and I can't see myself ever owning another windoze albeit I use one at work.

I just upgraded from a G4 and iBook to a MacBook - LUV DA MAC!

7. P1et

We have four Macs in our family and not one runs without flaws. It's a good OS, but by no means perfect.

8. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Cart Subtotal: $15,811.00

:eek:

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

My buddy said that both Dell and Apple are made by samsung, I do own a 30inch Dell right now but the Apple one looks better to me? :shead:
    um.... not true...
    yes I am!
    Glad to hear
    I agree, but MACs have less problems

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I will be using this computer for daytrading and home movie editing. This machine is waay overkill I know, but since I was getting a deal... hey why not?

2 monitors for scrolling tickets, and the other 2 for general use. Now I can have multiple tickers all day long and still do what I do without moving windows around.

11. Mindflux

I have two in my family and neither have anything but a few bugs in 10.5.2. :)

12. Nica

Nica Banned

I was chating with a co-worker today about Mac's and what he was telling me is quite interesting, now I honestly do'nt know much about Macs but here is wha I was told.

I was told that the new Macs have been built around the Linux operating system, which I was told the Linux system has been designed by programers that volunteer there time to improve the system and make it as fool proof as possible...so I had to ask my co-worker. So programers out in the world volunteer there time and that's how Linux came to be???? Seems a bit odd to me but okay, then co-worker kept on explaining that Linux has a bunch of programs within it's self..um..well something like that and at any time you can load up the program of choice to do what ever function you need...not sure maybe I got this part confused..but any who, some of the draw backs are compatability issues.

Oh another advatage that makes them so quick for editing videos and pictues is because of the operating system dosen't have to ask for so many permisions like the PC...hahaha this reminded me of the PC Vs Mac commercials hahahaha.

Well don't quote me on what I'm saying here I'm just sharing what I was told..well maybe I miss interpreted a few things here, sorry please feel free to corect me.

13. P1et

Linux is an open-source operating system. Which means that anyone is free to modify (or really, improve) the operating system at any point in time.

14. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I got a mac book pro and I love it. Granted I am not a avid computer user other than internet but this computer has done everything I needed and never had virus once. Phil post some pics of that set up once you get it together I am dying to see it. Congrats on the computer purchase,

-Corey

15. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Got an IMac in January. I like it over my old Dell. Really no complaints.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, but that seems strange to me...well I don't know much about Linux to be honest but let me get this straight. If I knew anything about programming and what not, I could purchase Linux load it on my computer and improve it and no one would pay me for it????....the question that comes to mind is WHY!!!! Why would anyone spend there time improving/editing Linux? What insentive is there?

The other question I have is okay so lets say I "improve" the Linux system...how does it get distributed to the entire world? Again perhaps this question is ovbous to others becuase they may know about programming and what not but I honestly have no clue about this kinda thing...any who just sharing what's in my head :crasy: :crasy:

But to be honest the more I read and learn about the Mac's the more I want to get one.

17. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I've built my last 5 or 6 PCs. PCs allow you to hot rod. I've overclocked my CPU; both it and the videocard are watercooled.

I was going to buy myself an nice new black Macbook Pro, but the money I was allocating for that went to a Flex, CRSpotless, PW and other detailing paraphanelia...c'mon trimester bonus!

18. Mindflux

19. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Beat me to it. Mac OS is based off Unix. Linux is kind of built off unix as well. Mac OS is a Unix operating system, that was one of the big things for Leopard. I actually wasn't that impressed by Leopard. I mean Unix has had multiple desktops for ages! Mac OS just seems more efficient than Vista by a lot. Plus lets not forget that the macbook pro is the best laptop to run Vista on :shakehead:. I used to be a PC fan boy and thought macs were a joke...but you really just have to try it for a week or two.

20. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

i belive you edit it for yourself, so say you want it to run better with a certain type of editng software you can go in and change that kinda stuff... its more for personal imporvement, not improvent of thhe world. Therefore noone pays you