Dodo Waxes Crazy Cheap!

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Obsessive Detail, Dec 1, 2010.

1. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Holy crap now he's completely out of stock lol.

2. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

lol must be lightning quicks!
    i got my 2 =p

3. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

I got 5 out of 6 :D (Didn't get supernatural)

4. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Got all of the orders out for this sale. Man these products went quick! Thanks for all of the orders guys.

I only have 1 Supernatural Iroku Edition left out of the Dodo Juice line now.

5. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

Just out of curiousity Justin, were you displeased with Dodo Juice, or was it just not selling well enough to warrant keeping it?

6. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

whats so special about iroku vs the normal supernatural except the wooden jar?

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Justin, i will take the pot if you sell it for $30 :-D

I will also throw in a cookie...haha.

8. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

I think that is the only difference. And the jar is refillable.

9. Obsessive Detail

I was really happy with the Dodo Juice products. At first Dodo Juice was a big seller, now it is hard to move their stuff at discounted prices. I've talked to a few other vendors that are having the same problem.

10. Obsessive Detail

The wooden pot has more wax in it, it is refillable, plus you get the cool wooden pot! :thumb:

11. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

classic example of new brand hype and fancy stickers/marketing not being able to carry a product once the dust settles and people realise it's mediocre at best

good idea to clear it out, and those prices i believe were a fair call

12. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

Im no dodo juice fanboy, but all of their waxes are much better than mediocre. And the prices aren't that high especially considering how much other high end waxes go for. I do agree there was excessive hype, but dodo makes good products.

13. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

each to their own, i dont see looks being a standout or durability, hence my thoughts its an average mediocre wax

in my playing around with test pots of orange crush, purple haze, purple haze pro and supernatural, its only really been supernatual that ive thought was something worth keeping/buying in large pot given my other waxes i already have, and id bet majority of that has more to with the subconcious thought of it being their high end wax and the cool iroku pot.... and i do want to add one to my collection

i continue to test their stuff, i just bought a sample pot of their juiced rb and their padded SN backing plates

i do rate the lime prime and light, that's a standout product to me

14. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

Personally, I agree with Dodo Juice wax mediocrity. When you acquire and try enough waxes, you find that Dodo Juice durability is lacking in comparison, and even the visual is nothing to write home about. I picked up the Supernatural in the wooden pot from Justin a little while back, mostly because it's the company's flagship wax, and the pot is impressive and different. I doubt I will ever find myself using it out of that pot, though. I have thought about selling it, but given what they were just sold for here ($135, was it?), I may as well keep it around.

15. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

While I don't believe in matching waxes with colors like Dodo does, I think a few of them have their place. SN, RBJE, and Rainforest rub are all in my arsenal, and I like all of them very much. RFR and SN don't have the greatest durability, but I'm a detailing enthusiast so I rarely test the durability of any LSP I use on my own vehicles b/c I change them so often.. That being said I wouldn't use them on a customer car that I don't see on a regular basis.

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Got my pot in today, thanks Justin!

17. Obsessive Detail

No problem Ankeet, thank you!

18. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

Got mine today too. Thanks for the great deal Justin!

19. dr.jay

dr.jay Birth of a Detailer

Can't believe I missed this FML, anyone willing to part with some RFR or Orange Crush??? Tis the season

20. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Hey Justin Package came today . Thanks man !!!!!