Dodo Juice Group Buy Feeler

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Ya let us know when you find out. Depending on what the final price will be, i may be interested in more.

2. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

How much is the sample kit 8 in USD?

3. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

1 British pound = 1.98600 U.S. dollars

So multiply the price on there site by 1.986 and there you have it. The price is about double. This also changes daily.

4. Wendell inc.

Wendell inc. Birth of a Detailer

it is roughly 87 or 88 $ i believe. I hate the pound to dollar ratio.

5. trl2112

trl2112 Two Bucket System Washer

Keep in mind Deep Gloss said below MSRP. I think this is where the cost questions are coming from.

6. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

:applause2:

I love how my decision was essentially made for me...omg, I might have to buy a tub of RBOE too if the price is right!

:thud:

7. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

damn, i hope this thread is still up after the weekend for me to make my decision then!

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I'm in for Rubbish Boy's Original.

I just waxed the S2000 with this stuff last night. Guys, it is absolutely astonishing. When you get your eyes right up on it and sort of move your head around, the metallic sort of "moves." Very three dimensional, I've never seen anything like it.

Juiced Edition is really good too everyone, and it's a little less fussy to put on. The only downside I've found with OE is that, since it's really really hard and I put it on with my bare hands, it's a bit difficult to apply in a properly thin layer on a large panel (like the hood). I'm going through OE at a much faster rate than I have Juiced Edition.

But I don't care. It looks stunning. When I get back from Toledo next week, I'll post some glamor shots.

I'm completely off Zymol carbon now.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm sure this thread will still be here, hehe. It'll probably be a couple more weeks or so before we get our pricing as others continue to trickle in on the group buy.

Forgive my ignorance but is OE only applied by hand? Can it be applied via other mediums?

10. Rubbish Boy

Rubbish Boy DB Certified Dealer

Whatever works for you really, I like it by hand because the heat from your hands soften it up better and you can spread it out a long way. With a foam applicator you can get a thinner layer and therefore easier removal, but you have to soften it up a bit in the jar first.

I'll put a bit of a guide up later in my section.

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for the explanation Ben! I also look forward to your guide. :thumb:

12. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

JL's hair dryer method would work well as well.

13. Rubbish Boy

JL's hair dryer method is perfect and one that I have adopted myself when I use a foam applicator with RBOE.

14. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

I'm thinkin maybe Rubbish Boy's Wax Collectors Pack.

15. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I'm here to tell you none of you would be disappointed in RB's OE. In fact I'm pretty sure most if not all would be quite astonished at the look it gives. If you are hesitant because it is a little harder to work with just try heating the pad up with a hair dryer. I take a plastic spoon and scrape some of the wax into the center and then heat the pad with the hair dryer on high for a 30 seconds or so (just long enough to get the pad hot). Then stick it in the tub over the wax you scraped up and it just melts into the pad. You can then apply a thin coat and as Ben kept stressing to me when I purchased it "Thin is your friend". Like krshultz said the look is simply phenomenal and worth any extra work you might have to do!

And don't get me wrong RBs JE is a great wax too but OE is better and gives a more traditional nuba wax look. JE has a little more sealant look to it giving great clarity.

16. Wendell inc.

Wendell inc. Birth of a Detailer

From what i understand about the RB OE and the JE, the difference are the refinements. The difference is apparently that the JE is more thin and refined. It is like a milk shake the more you keep it in the blender the more it thin it is and less likely you are going to have "chunks". I think they have the same ingredients and such however.

Im sure that Rubishboy can tell you more though :mounty: :graduation:

17. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I don't think thats right. I have used both and one is easier to use but they give two entirely different looks. I think JE has more commercial ingredients like most mass produced waxes whereas OE was Bens homemade version.

18. Rubbish Boy

I feel another guide coming on :giggle:, but JL is pretty much bang on there. Original is made by me using ingredients that are pretty much available to anyone who looks hard enough. Juiced is made in Dodo Juice's wax factory using commercial ingredients and equipment but keeping the same carnauba and beeswax ratio with Dodo's own take on the oil/solvent blend.

They are very different waxes in texture, look, smell and how they apply even though the wax content is the same.

19. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

same here.

do i need lime prime before using the rubbish boys waxes.

20. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I am going to try out RB OE this weekend and I can't WAIT!!! Cooter sent me his tub to try it out... but to be honest, I don't see what the big deal about the wax being hard??

I opened up and looked at it and if you run a foam applicator across it with enough friction you will create enough heat to get enough wax to do a panel... we'll see what happens on saturday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.