Divine Detail 2008 Z06 Twin Turbo

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Divine Detail, Feb 24, 2008.

1. devast8

devast8 New Member

wow thank god for that PTG! this could have end up a nightmare!!

2. Rexx

Rexx Virgin Detailer

I have a black 02 trans am with a vortec blower and a boat load of other goodies. Just got a new rear end with 4.10s in it before winter so it sits in the garage begging to be driven. Last year before the rear end swap I went 11.6@119mph at the track in Medicine hat. So with the new rear end I plan on going a little faster and getting kicked off the track. Anything under 11.5 and you need a roll cage to race.

I am waiting for some nicer weather and I can break out the Flex to give it a good polish. I have a PC but correction took a long time with it. Seems that GM clear is a PITA to correct.

3. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Meth injecton? Was it in the shop about a yearish ago? There was a beautiful black WS6 in there when I was getting a shop tour with my dad. If so...VERY nice car, if I wasn't buying a vette I'd be looking for without a doubt!!

4. Rexx

Rexx Virgin Detailer

No that meth injection one is a little more insane than mine. I think that was a 383 stroker with an upgraded blower. I beleive that one was in the high 600 hp range. Other than that the car is pretty much the same, I believe that his was an 02 as well. I had my blower installed back in early 2003 when Steve was not pushing that many blowers out the door. Now seems that that is 95% of thier work. I too love the looks of the last gen trans am, just something about those nostrels on the hood. When the new Z06 came out I really wanted to get one but I have sunk a little too much money into my car that I would never get back so financially it would have been a really dumb move, that and i was having a house built. Call me crazy but a house just seems like a better investment. Handling wise the new Z06 destroys my car but straight line it is neck and neck.

5. Divine Detail

Ahhh ok, sounds like a pretty bad car you've got there!!!! Just thinking about it just about makes me want to go that route instead. I'd love to see your car some time

6. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

Wow, what a car. The after pictures look great. Nice work on yellow!!

7. Divine Detail

Thanks very much, the car turned out very nicely indeed. We had a lot to work with to begin with, it's quite the masterpiece.:thumb: