Divine Detail - 2007 MazdaSpeed 3

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Divine Detail, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Great work Carlos... Really nice... I am always pleased to see the top nothc work you put out on a constant basis

What dilution ration did you use for the P21s TAW in the buckets?

2. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Looks good as always Carlos! Now I'll know what I need to do to attack my stock wheels; good thing I bought some Meg's WB.

Great job on that tailpipe too!!! Too bad it'll be just as sooty in a week.

3. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Hey Nica, when using the P21s gel in the pump sprayer, do you find that it uses more or less product than if you were to just use a regular sprayer?

4. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Nice job Carlos especially on the wheels.

5. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

Jeez-even your taping looks better than mine. Fine work from a Master.:worship2:

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Hey Nica.. just wondering if you noticed this question? Thanks!!:afro:

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Sorry for the late response Deep Gloss :sorry: Glad you enjoyed the detail, as for the dilution ration for P21S Total Auto Wash to be honest I lost my measuring cup that I usually have and I haven't purchased a new one so what I did on this one is I put in a couple of cup full of P21S Toal Auto Wash in the bucket. Oh and to be honest with P21S Total Auto Wash a little goes a long way, I got a vehicle booked that I'll be washing the same method this time I'll messure Total Auto Wash out as my wife was kind enough to sacrafise one of her messuring "thingies" (well it wasent voluntarely :shh).

Look for a dilution ration on my next detail coming up :thumb: I just can't remember of the top of my head to be honest, it's one of those thigns that depends how much water I have on the buckets and I put some Total Auto Wash in the bucket mix it with my hand feel the water and add more if I feel it needs it...:shrug:...lol..how's that for a great explenation lol...no seriously, that's what I do I messure it of course becuase I don't like wasiting P21S Total Auto Wash :shakehead: stuff is priceless...well not really but you know what I mean :shead:

Thank you glad you enjoyed it MadOzodi, yea I was really pleased with the tail pipe boy am I ever happy with this metal polish :worship2:

So the tail pipe will get just as dirty like that again huh...mmm...:thinking:...:thinking:...I wonder why :confused: I mean I know the fumes and what not come out of there so it's expected to get a bit dirty but will it look just as bad as it did when I first layed my eyes on it? :confused:

Oh absolutely, that's why I love these sprayers. I fill the bottle up and I can do 5 to 6 fire trucks and 3 or 4 regular cars. These bottles are great becuase they don't waist any product. I'm glad I listened to my friends advice about these bottles. Best of all if the bottles ever break, they come with replacement parts :thumb:

Thank you Gary, glad you enjoyed it...it reminded me of what you do to your vehicles, that reminds me I need to do that to my own vehicles :shead:

Thank you POPPAJ, but to be honest taping was a hard leason for me. I didn't realize how important proper taping was, I mean when I started taping it took me for ever to tape up the vehicle and I had no clue what to tape so ofcourse I would tape way to much :crasy: now taping dosen't take me that long and I've learned a few tricks along the way. Taping emblems is a brease now, and surprisingly enough there is a technique to taping.

Any who, taping is one of those things that the more you do the better you get just like anything in life :peace:

Ooh maybe I should make a video about taping ba...did I just type that a video about taping lol...that's funny...but not a bad idea :shead:

8. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Unfortunately yes Carlos :(

Stock, our cars run pig rich so lots of black smoke out the tailpipe; such is the nature of our direct-injected turbo 4-banger. There are a few mods that help cut down the amount, but it will eventually get that bad again. I'm not sure if the pics I took in my Show & Shine really show my tailpipe or not, but I've pretty much given up on keeping it clean; I know, I really shouldn't.
    Your customer should know not to give you any grief if it gets dirty again within a week or two. Heck, I know you'd have a repeat customer outta me for a tailpipe that clean!

:thumb:

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh really, man that's a shame because I was really happy with how the tail pipe turned out. Even the owner was thrilled to see it so clean, owner said he tried everything to get it clean but couldn't. Well good thing I'll be seing this vehicle at least once a year if not twice :peace:...hmmm..I wonder if a sealant on the tail pipe would help, like DG what do you think? I can't say I've ever tried putting a sealant on a tail pipe but I put it on rims and it helps why not a tail pipe...oooh something new to try :cheerl:

10. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

It helps a little, but it doesnt help too too much. I believe the heat diminishes the protective qualities of the sealant.

The main reason for this, is that when a turbo engine begins to go into boost the ECU begins to feed in a ton of fuel to support the extra power this creates. Mazdaspeed vehicles run extremely rich from the factory, and this only exagerates this issue.:doh:

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, you have sold me yet again Carlos but on those sprayers this time! I know you said they were a bit pricey but if they're going to be conservative on product use when I purchase some P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel, the more reason to purchase them!

Oh and that would be a great idea to make a video on taping! I'm sure there are some "techniques" that I haven't fully realized yet that you could maybe share, hehe. I'm always down for becoming more efficient in my entire detailing process.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Denzil,

I can't remember exactly how much I paid for the spray bottles but I'll be picking some more up as I need a few more. I'll post pictures of them when I get home and the price if you'd like.

But yes for my P21S products they work extremely well and best of all you can adjust the nosle and I recomend you do becuase that's where you can save product oh and when I use them I make sure it has plenty of presure built in as it produces even more foam effect.

For P21S Total Auto Wash it does the same thing but I like Total Auto Wash so much that I'm not so stingy with it, I just spray a way :giggle:

As for the videos, sure I'll give it a go oooh and I got just the car coming up :thumb:

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I think it's time for me to pick up some Autosol. Finally got a chance to check out this Pro S&S from my computer at home and not on my iPhone.

Thanks again for the great writeup Carlos...I'm gonna try to do my interior in a manner similar to yours. After the Autosol, I'm gonna see if some Collinite 845IW will have any effect on keeping the tailpipe clean.

14. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Awesome correction and write-up too, looks awesome....:mounty:...zoomzoom

15. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Great write up and as always a great job on the car

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you MadOzodi, glad you enjoyed the detail :chest:

Yea, I was blown away by Autosol, finaly the search comes to an end :thumb:

Oh yes, let me know how Collinite behaves but what Justin (Divine Detail) is saying about the heat is probably true...still though worth a shot :thumb:

Thank you glad you enjoyed it :thumb: lol...yea ZoomZoom lol :lol2:

Thank you sal, glad you enjoyed it :peace:

17. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Awesome work as usual Nica. Well Thank you very much for finding the "holy grail" of metal polishes as I too have been on this search. Will have to get me some Autosol if you like it that much! The car looked absolutely incredible with Vintage over the Wolfgang. Great write up and pics!

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yes, please let me know how much you get yours for. Adriankeith was kind enough to give me the 411 on where I could purchase them. Apparently they're available at Ditchek.com. I wonder if those are cheaper than how much you get yours for Carlos?

I love the foam effect! I guess I'll pump that sucker plenty of times to get a lot of pressure, hehe. I will eventually give TAW a shot, after I use up all the car washes I purchased over the past few months. I'm sure it'll all disappear soon from washing the family car fleet and some new clients' vehicles.

Oh and you know I love your videos, haha. You know, I'd even request a video as to how you properly set up for a scheduled detail, hehe. I know, I know, sometimes I just ask too much but asking can't hurt that much, can it? :gidiup:

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you JLs, well I finaly found a metal polish that I'm pleased with...but remember this metal polished worked well on just one car, so far but I'll be using it alot more on every vehicle I get :thumb: lets see how well it performs :thumb:

Yes, those are the same bottles I just purchased but cheeper ;) oh and there will be many more videos to come :thumb: