Divine Detail - 2007 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Divine Detail, Mar 24, 2008.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Outstanding job, I'm sure owner did appreciate it.

2. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

outstanding is right ..if you don't mind me adding its down right divine :peace:

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

That was a great job and detailed process...the paint looks outstanding...Now..The Smargard is the one wax I seen so far from all the high end waxes that really looks great...it has a different look to it...and a nice one also...

like I said the paint looks fantastic..also the rest does also..but I like nice paint...and THATS nice paint....

Nica..can you use the same gel as they use with the medical Ultra sound machines on the Pait guages you have..just wondering

AL

4. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Wow, amazing job.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh yes, owner was very pleased with it only thing is that now he can't go back to Souveran hahahahaha, well at least he knows where I live and how to get a hold of me and I'm sure he will be back....he has a nice red SLK that will be coming our way prity soon ;)

hahahaha good one joe :thumb: :chest:

Oh Al, I agree with you buddy. Smargard left an incredable glow to the vehicle...I mean it really will make you do a double take on the surface...you just can't help but admire it :druling: :druling:

As for the gel on the for the PosiTector 200 I would assume you can use the same gel as they use on the medical Ultra Sounds but that would be my guess Al as I've never used the medical Ultra Sound gel...my assumption is that the medical gel would work even better...but that's just my guess :shrug: I'd love to get some and try it out though....I've been trying to get some for the past few weeks so far no go :shead: but I'll get some soon enough.

Glad you enjoyed it, thank you for the feed back, very much appreciated :thumb:

6. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Outstanding job!!!

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I love these write ups, awesome and VERY educational!!!

8. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

before i comment on that beautiful car that you did an excellent job on...

my golly am i in envy on the amount of lighting you have in that garage...im so glad that i saw that before i moved into my new house next week..

what kidna housings are that and howd ya wire them up? any thing special other than a typical garage set up?

wow, ...okay....now

damn good job on that car, it looks freakin amazing...how do you like those pads compared to the ones uve used in the past...LC ccs or non ccs pads?

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Tonya, glad you enjoyed it :thumb:

Glad you find them helpfull P1et :thumb: and thank you for the feed back.

Thank you Neil, I'm very fortunet to have a friend who own's his own electrical company and was kind enough to send a crew over to my garage and meet all my demands....so thanks to them what you see is what they did for me, they wired the entire garage to my specifications and well what you see is what I got in my garage...I'm still not done, I need to finish of the floor and put some shelves up..but it's coming alon quite nice. As to the type of house it is it's just a regular house with a detached garage...so glad it's detached :thumb: However, the lighting. Take your time choosing the lighting, um..I also have a friend who owns his own lighting company :whistle: who was kind enough to give me all the lights I needed and I first went with T8's...then felt I didn't have enough lits and upgraded to T5's...well I've had those for a bit now and I feel the T5's are just not cutting it for me any more so I will be upgrading all the fixtures to the High Out put lighting...I can't recall there exact name. Currently I have about 32 lights in my garage..lol..actually I would have had close to 40 but my friend (the one who gave me the lights) told me that I would go blind with 40 High Output bulbs in my garage hahahahaha...so I figured I would cut it back to 32 :shrug:...I can't wait to upgrade the lighting..but I've been holding off because I may need the same set up on the shop to come..but that's for later :shh:...well any who what I'm trying to tell you is choose your lighting wisely, read a bit on the lighting becuase it makes a big difference..I'm sure you know that by now though...but any who that's what I got in my garage...oh I posted pictures of my garage and how it was before and so on...I'll see if I can find it and post the link here for you.

10. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Great detail as always Carlos !!
    A question, where did you get the brush that you use in the wheel wells? I don't find the perfect brush...
    Thanks !!

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Those wool brushes are rare to find, I managed to get two sets of these brushes I wanted to purhcase 10 but the online store woudln't allow me to purhcase 10 sets of them. Any who, the wool brushes for the rims are not available due to a paten issue :shrug: I was very lucky to get 2 sets of them. So as hard as you may look in the net, I'm affriad you wont ever find them...well never say never but I've been looking for quite some time and no luck yet.

Oh and thank you for the kind words my friend, very much appreciated :hippie:

12. Disturbance

Disturbance Virgin Detailer

Just wanted to throw a Thanks :loud: out to the boys for the great job they did on my new ride. As Carlos stated I am VERY picky when it comes to how I like my stuff handled and these boys I would trust to do any thing. Now I'm not sure if I trust myself to go near it, Very nice job boys.

Carlos you should think about offering classes to those out there that have just got a detail done or are interested in in getting one done. You know more of a hands on training on how to maintain the shine you work so hard on getting for us. You may even end up selling us some MF towels and such. :bla2:

13. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

I was talking about the one you used in the wheel wells:

[​IMG]

Thanks my friend :headbang:

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Disturbance for the kind words, we're just glad you'r happy with the results. As for the classes idea, you bet we will do that. Just waiting to finalalise things for our shop and we will be more then happy to offer classes to educate the public. The last thing you (customer) would want to see is have that flawless finish get scratched/swirled up again. Oh and we have lots of MF towels. Your fortunet because you know where I live :thumb:

Oh okay sorry maesal, I read your post wrong :sorry:. That long handle brush, if I'm not mistaken Calgarydetail purchased here in town. Not sure how much it is or where he got it from though, but the nice thing about is that it enters the wheel wells quite well and the bristles are soft too so it wont scratch the plastic on the wheel wells.

I hope Calgary comes in and comments on the brush as to where he got it, but I'm sure he got it localy.