Divine Detail - 2005 Nissan Altima

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Divine Detail, May 1, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Truls, glad to hear you enjoyed it :peace:

Thank you Tonya :hug: glad you like it.

Glad you enjoyed it FMINUS :chest:

2. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Awesome stuff Nica!

Damn, I spend so much time reading these show & shines that replies and time just fly on by!

:thumb:

3. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Yeah I have to use the ones from my dad's work which are non latex, but they're not the ones that are long and go pass ur wrist. Well, it's better than no gloves at all :D.

4. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Amazing!!! detail one of the finest turnarounds ever.

5. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

NIce Carlos.. i barely have time to comment on your excellent work.. I have to say that i enjoyed reading this and awesome 50/50 shots and impressed with 3m pads doing all the work.. wonder if 3m polish was used .... Anyhow... SUPERB JOB!!!

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, tell me about it. I enjoy reading all the details and seeing the pictures too but time just seems to go faster wile I read :shead: :shead:

Yea, I would have a hard time detailing with out gloves now...funny becuase I had a hard time when I started detailing with gloves now it's the opposite :wall:

Thank you 02CAMSS, glad you enjoyed it :chest:

Thank you for the feed back Usjdmtuner, very much appreciated :peace:

3M pads are very handy :headbang: but I should use the 3M polish a bit more too :shakehead: it's just that I've now gotten Menzerna to finish off just right for me, I've picked up a few tricks with it too and well I'm starting to just rely on Menzerna. Next detail I'll try to use 3M...well maybe :whistle: lol.

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Amazing turnaround Carlos!!! I definitely enjoy when you are given more than one day to do a full detail, hehe.

A few questions for you... what kind of gloves did you use in that detail and where can I get them? Also, how many Swissvax brushes do you have in your arsenal. I currently have one but thinking of purchasing a few more and if I should even designate them for different tasks or use the same brush for anything and everything.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed id Denzil :thumb: Well it's nice having a few days to finish off the vehicle but to be honest no matter how fast I go I just can't get a vehicle done in one day...that and the truth is I don't like rushing :thumb:

As for the gloves...um...hmmm...:shead: I honestly can't remember the name of the gloves but I'll look at the box and get back to you..oh actually I'm all out of them too I need to pick up another box. I get them through a body shop supply store, I wish I could remember the name but these gloves are quite good, they are thick and last a long time too.

As for Swissvax brushes, oh boy I got lots of them. If I remember corectly I have a total of 12 brushes in my collection but I only use 4 brushes wile detailing...if you do get more and you do have them designated for certain jobs (which I recomend) make sure you label it or write on it what each one is for, or colour code. I didn't do this at first and I was getting confused which was which, so what I did was I have different buckets for different sections of the details...I mean I have a wipe down bucket, then I have a bucket for the rims which also gets used for the engine bay, two bucket method with grit guard buckets..and well what I did is that each bucket has it's own tools...but once these 4 brushes need changing the next ones I'm going to label or colour code or something just so I don't mix them up again.

Well hope this helps, like I said I'll get back to on the gloves...I think Wolf and a few other members use the same gloves as well...if anyone knows the name of the gloves please feel free to share.

9. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I like your method a lot with more than just two buckets in your collection. I have been doing everything with two and its a pain to clean them out to the interior wipe down mode for the interior. Where did you get your bucket with the measurements on it as this will make proper dilution much easier.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, I got quite the colectin of buckets going on too lol...but I rather have plenty of buckets then not enough..as to where I got them, home boy Motorcity hooked me up..if I remember corectly he picked them out at some hard ware store..just can't remember the name :shead:

11. Faber

Faber Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great writeup and detail.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Faber, glad you enjoyed it :peace:

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, the multiple SW brushes may have to wait. I recently bought a BUNCH of detailing stuff that I need to earn the money back for, LoL. I'll keep in mind about labeling the brushes though by using my Brother P-touch 1180 like I did for my 4 oz. bottles for my polishes/waxes. I just hope those labels will stay on after the wear and tear.

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Any word on those gloves Carlos? :)

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh right, sorry I ran out of gloves and threw out the box. I'll be picking up a couple boxes up today. I'll post pictures of the box at the end of the day today :sorry:

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh found the thread, here are the gloves I use:
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the late response :sorry:

17. Lars

Lars Any Rag Vehicle Washer

:worship2: Fantastic job! The 50/50 shots are great, and that sun gun :druling: so tempting!!! I love SW brushes but I have to fight the urge to order more! I didn't know you could use them for the interior.

What kind of container/sprayer are you using for your p21s TAW & P21s gel? They look quite nice.

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thank you for your response Carlos, much appreciated!

I forgot when you use them exactly but what part of your detailing process do you wear them?

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Lars glad you enjoyed the detail. As for the Swissvax brushes, well I've been using them for just abaout anything I come across, so far I'm very pelased with them.

As for the containers for the P21S TAW and Gel, I beleave the company that makes them is called "Pro" something I honestly don't know, they work really good. You just pump the top handle several time to build up pressure and then spray...oh but they are not cheap.

Sorry for the late response Denzil but finaly got it :sorry:

As for when I wear the gloves, well to be honest I wear it through out the entire detail....well what I mean is for all of the interior I wear the gloves for the rims, engines and washing and claying I wear these gloves. The only time I'm not wearing them is during th epolishing process....other then that these bad boys are on my hands :thumb:

20. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

bravo!!!:applause:

Great work.. this is by far my favorite work from Divine Detail.. the 50/50 shots came out great, the entire vehicle is beautiful!!

What did you use on the tail lights?