Divine Detail - 1990 Mercury Cougar

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Divine Detail, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

This vehicle was also booked for a full interior detail, the vehicle:

1990 Mercury Cougar

Well this was quite the vehicle, not only because of it’s age but…well I wont spoil the detail. On with the detail.

Like all details we start with the interior, all floor mats were removed and the entire vehicle is given a thorough vacuum:
    [​IMG]

After giving the entire vehicle a thorough vacuum it was time for a full wipe down:
    [​IMG]

All vents and hard to reach areas were taken care off with the help of a Swissvax brush:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All carpets and seats received a spray of a diluted Meg’s All Purpose Cleaner, followed up with a scrub with the help of a Meg’s carpet brush. Once all carpet areas were scrubbed to satisfaction it was time to extract the entire interior.

After a long wipe down it was time to dress the interior, for this we went with:
    [​IMG]

This takes care off the interior, now it was time to give the entire vehicle a wash. This was done with the help the two bucket method, Meg’s Gold Class Shampoo and the black ShMITT:
    [​IMG]

The vehicle was dried off with the help of a few waffle weaved micro fiber towels.

All windows (interior and exterior) are taken care off with Foam Glass Cleaner and a glass micro fiber towel:
    [​IMG]

Engine bay was actually quite clean, in fact so clean that we only had to give it a wipe down with 303:
    [​IMG]

Now the trick to this vehicle was the vacuuming on it, I mean the first time we gave it a full vacuum we thought the interior looked quite presentable, as we kept on working inside the vehicle more dirt seemed to come out of all corners of this vehicle so by the time we completed this detail we had vacuumed the interior three times, dirt just kept coming out from who knows were :confused: but after the third vacuum we got all corners of the interior on this vehicle and we were satisfied with the end results but yes it took three efforts of vacuuming the interior to get it to satisfactory results.

Well here are some before and after pictures to illustrate the difference we made on this vehicle:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Here are just some after pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well quite a short detail but the results were quite satisfying, hope you enjoy the detail. Like always questions/feed back I always welcome.

2. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Looks like a different car.....I hate them cheap clear floor mats....You spend more on chemicals then what it cost to replace them.....

3. Nica

Nica Banned

lol..yea so true lol but thank you for the kind words Sparkie :peace:

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

WOW! what a difference! It was really dirty, really!