Dislike a Product? Tell Us Why Here!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Denzil, Sep 22, 2008.

1. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I have tried a lot of detailing products, but I can only recall one that I was really disappointed with ... Mother's Back to Black. That product is just terrible ...

2. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

zymol cleaner wax ... so many things gone wrong when using that product. It left scratchs, streaks on the paint and cause quite a bit of an oily deposit all over the car.

NEVER again.

3. wytstang

wytstang Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Mango mf towels from AG-Cheap and paper thin and way overpriced for how thin they are.
    PB sealant w/wax-Didn't last long but looked good to me.

4. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

Ye I know about agitating Sonax, sorry if I wasn't clear. My point is Sonax is not worth cost because its maintenance cleaner and there are many more safe cheap maintenance cleaner out there. So what if color changes, 100 percent of vehicle wheels need agitation anyway. Maybe I don't see hype for wheel

With Stoner IG I buy those same green from Rick and Mike and they don't work with Stoners IG. It definitely the cleaner I have no problems with FK Antistatic Glass cleaner and no problem with 2 Meguiars NXT,MG, glass cleaners. I don't know why though yet..

Oke I can add more(and will add again):

SV autobahn - lasts 1 day(ok, maybe 3). And I had no idea pot was child size
    CG Citrus wheel cleaner - I gave this gallon away had no better cleaning at 3:1 than car wash shampoo
    Uber yellow sponge - I have seen exact product in local auto body store, cheap poly sponge that held soap but didn't do anything for larger hard particle stuck on paint. Not worth 6$
    DG 901 - used to like it for cost, now use for LSP stripping until runs out.

5. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

LOL @ sv autobahn, epic failure

and i got stung again buying sv wood polish - smells and looks identical to my tub of Mystery

isnt that a re-bottled turtle wax product?

woooops......

[​IMG]

6. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

CG blue waffle weaves.. still bleed on me after probably 10 washes
    Mother's back to black because it just sucks
    Meg's APC, I had to start wearing a mask because of the horrible taste it leaves in my mouth
    Gloss it wheel cleaner, it worked okay, not really worth the price.

7. domino

ouch!

K-19 widowmaker syndrome

8. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

por que?

Even after some googling I don't think I understand lol

9. domino

K19 was russia's first nuclear powered ballistic missile sub

had a reactor failure and soldiers stepped into the reactor with bio chem suits and got reemed with the radioactive waste water.....such a strong dose they could taste something that is meant to be odourless and tasteless

....nevermind, the moments passed

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

yep, mango towels are paper thin, and not worth it...actually AG MF towels are ALL VERY EXPENSIVE and you will find better deals at other places...I really like Pakshak MF towels...
    Poorboy's EX/EX-P actually sucks in terms of durability...and it doesn't even look all that good...

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Really? I put two coats on a clients Ford F350 before winter and 5 moths later it was still beading. Its actually on the F350 that is on my homepage.

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Actually Ken last time I used Ex/Ex-P was 6-7 years ago...then I tried Duragloss, and loved it so much that I never went back to Ex/Ex-P...
    Again, when it comes to LSP it all goes back to personal preferences...DG #111/105 is hard to beat...

13. ToadHollow

ToadHollow Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Admittedly I didn't read through the dozen pages or so, however the first page had lots of users disliking products that I have had (and continue to have) GREAT results with.

Namely the CG JETseal 109 - A single coat applied to my 4Runner last November and the finish & beading is as good as the first wash.

CG Citrus Wash n Gloss - Still use this as a customer ride prep for clay or polishing or fresh wax/sealant applications. Good suds and prep wash product if not overly diluted.

Fade to Black Trim Restorer - Love this stuff too. Use it on the 4Runner without fail every couple of weeks or so. No streaking experienced or damage to the trim pieces.

The 4Runner is kind of my test mule for products that I consider adding to the arsenal. It's also a DD so the results that I achieve with these products are through first hand experience.

Menz FMJ - absolutely no longevity in comparison to other sealants I have.
    DP Carpet Extractor - Does nothing to loosen up contaminants.

Great thread ......... going back to start from page 2! :thumb:

14. GXP1

GXP1 Virgin Detailer

Mothers - Showtime Detailer - no slickness
    NXT Tech wax - not as good as the hype
    Wolfgang auto bathe - no lubricity, felt like i was rubbing the paint hard to get off dirt

anyone tried Surf City Garage? they are new in Australia

15. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Surf City has some pretty decent products. My favorites are the "Simply Clear" glass cleaner and "Grime Destroyer" for bug/tar removal.

16. dave_zok

dave_zok Guest

Adams green wheel cleaner. I like most of there products, like detail spray, glass cleaner, all purpose cleaner, and VRT. But the wheel cleaner was just like water. I saw no purpose of it being in my inventory and use Sonax wheel cleaner.

17. GXP1

GXP1 Virgin Detailer

I personally do not rate any of the Sonax Products. They call Sonax the ''Armor All'' of Europe.
    Most retailers in Australia are dropping the line!:thud:

18. ltebow34

hehe I did not know this armor all of EUR. I dont care for sonax either, it would be different and maybe i use more if was otc and 50% cheaper. Other import and domestic product better for price and equal n better performance

19. GXP1

GXP1 Virgin Detailer

Which makes me wonder why websites such as Autogeek endorse Sonax. They dont just sell it, THEY RECOMMEND IT! Im sorry but if they recommend Sonax as being ''great german car care'' what does their opinion count for in relation to other products?:crasy:

20. ltebow34

Its because its one more thing to make money on when other product get stale to consumer... like everything else with chronic sale pushing, power of suggestion make product sell no matter how equal it is to everything else. Some see what going on, other people eating up what people feed them.