Dislike a Product? Tell Us Why Here!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Denzil, Sep 22, 2008.

1. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

Cobra guzzlers from Autogeek. They worked fine at first but really soon became ineffective. It wouldn't absorb anymore and it got a little stiff. I'm pretty sure it was giving me a bunch of swirls. While I'm at it I'll add the cobra Jr's to that list (purple ones). They lint like crazy on me both of them. The blue ones are still nice.

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

WHEEL WAX! Absolute junk IMO and it takes forever to buff off, gets in every little crack and crevice!:dupe:

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have the Cobra jr's as well. I don 't have a lint problem with mine. How are you caring for them? I wash mine in warm water and toss them in the dryer for about 30 minutes or until dry. Putting in the dryer maybe pulls the lint off?

4. 911Fanatic

As with PB Wheel Sealant, this has to go on thin and buff off almost immediately. I found out, as you apparently did, if you let it dry, it sets up like concrete! Apply a THIN coat with a MF or CCS applicator pad. Do one wheel at a time.

5. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

i have a lint problem with my ubers

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I don't like the schmitt. Kinda big, can't get into tight areas, doesn't hold suds for squat. I have tried probably 5-6 different mitts, until I went to sheepskin. Never will go back to anything else.

7. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

I saw the video.. its impressive. For me it may be the climate here or something. I live in Tampa, FL and my truck is a daily driver that sits outside.

Anyway. I drive a 05 Frontier and in most mornings the hood of my truck is nothing but blobs of water from condensation and water from the sprinklers. Anyway, when I drive off the water runs right off after a sealant has recently been applied. With FMJ, after about two weeks the water stops running off. I currently use DG105 followed with collinite 476 now and the water runs off the hood for approximately 3 months i would guess after being applied.. i've never kept track exactly. I do maintenance washes every other week with Meg's gold class if it makes a difference.

I think I paid $45 for the FMJ. So I was very disappointed. Maybe my method of evaluating the sealant is screwy. Just my 1 cent. :) I would be glad to send the remaining 13oz(16oz new) that i have to anyone for a trade if they wanted it.

8. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I dislike Menzerna :tiptoe: :paranoia:

Haha, just playin :p:

I don't enjoy much glazes out there. Tried two (Megs Showcar Glaze and Menzerna Glaze) and they both didn't do much in my eyes to my car. I figure I would give DWG a try but never got a chance to use it. Anyway, my dislikes are the glazes above :shakehead:

9. 911Fanatic

Try PB Black Hole but apply it by hand. It seems to work better that way for some reason. PM me and I'll send you a sample to try.

10. 911Fanatic

I have found that Megs products don't seem to play well with others. Maybe try changing your soap to P21S or PB Super Slick n'Suds. Hell, try P21S anyway. Easily the slickest soap I've tried. On a freshly waxed car its like washing with a mitt full of silk. What do you want for the FMJ?

11. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

I put them in the washing machine in hot water with either micro restore or mild liquid detergent, then machine dry them in low heat. Its them same routine I use for all my microfiber and the Jr's are the only ones that lint.

12. 911Fanatic

Hmmmmmmm....:shead:

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

JetSeal 109 - sucks in terms of durability.
    Wheel Wax/DP Wheel Glaze/PB wheel sealant - takes forever to apply/remove, and doesn't last.
    PB's SSR polishes - dust like crazy.
    PB's EX and EX-P - poor durability.
    Menzerna FMJ - durability sucks.
    Connolly Hire care - can't stand smell of kerosene, and much leather is perforated which means it will last forever.
    FK Pink wax - another kerosene junk, nothing special whatsoever.
    CG XXX wax - junk, no durability.
    ClearKote moose wax - another heavy kerosene junk.

Those of you that didn't like Megs APC (green) - get a foaming sprayer from ADS. I did, and it really chenged a lot. Much easier to work with. I use it on wheels all the time now.

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'll have to add the Poorboy's World SSR line. The SSR's were great to start with as a beginning detailer but after having tried the likes of Menzerna and Meg's (I still have to try out my 1z Pro Line), SSR's just can't compete.

Plus they dust too much for my taste for being sun friendly. You really have to lay on a lot of polish to work the SSR line whereas with other polishes not so much.

15. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Wow, that is very nice of you. I sure hope this is the glaze that I'm looking for. Thank you very much man :):worship2:

16. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

17. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

A very good mix of crappy products there

Here is my lot

Poorboys EXP, SSR, Pro Polish, Wheel sealant- polishes dust alot, weak correction, wheel sealant goes to concrete when left on for the amount necessary. EXP is weak

XMT polishes - cannot compete in the gloss stakes
    Menzerna FMJ - nice polish but crap as a sealant

Forever black - leaves lines, cracks up, the tyre gel is matte finish, no durability

Edge foam (except white) - velcro backing doesn't last

Optimum polishes - great working time but no gloss and hyper has no balls
    Menzerna is better

Clearkote - whole line is petroleum heavy, results didn't last, moose wax is useless
    no durability

Clay Magic - bar falls to bits after a while no matter what lube you use - leaves bits all over your fingers

Four Star Ultimate paint protection - protection ok, slickness goes away quick
    not as durable as others

Lake Country yellow CCS pads - extremely gritty, feel like 180 grit sandpaper. leaves scratches in all paints when used with any product
    yellow eurotech pads were much better

white CCS pads - absorb too much polish and water (when machine washed), makes paint extremely hot when used with Menzerna Intensive

FK1 1080 sealant (crappy durability, no gloss)
    Pinnacle shampoo - no suds or performance
    Wolfgang - sealant don't last long

Meguiars M105 - no match for hi temp extreme cut plus, G Techniq P1 or Driven to Perfection Finish Restorer when it comes to extreme oxidation, acid rain or scratch removal
    Meguiars white pro clay bars - like trying to clay your car with a block of concrete. Sticky as and damn hard to knead.

Mothers back to black - one of the worst trim products in history
    Meguiars trim detailer - same as mothers. why do that when you can polish them and get a permanent result

Car plan trim wax - black pigmented trim stuff leaves black oily residue on your paint when it rains

Meg's UQD and all other detailers - who cares if they sheet for a week or two when an aussie made one which is body shop safe can give you six months of protection and insane beading for the entire six months with just a spray and a wipe
    UQD and most if not all megs detailers contain alcohol and engine coolant.

3M Perfect it gloss enhancer - contains IPA and thats about it. Strips sealants and waxes off
    Zaino - Z5. Didn't do anything for my paint compared with Glare

Cobra towels - waffle weaves died out within two machine washes, other towels are just boutique branded chinese crap

18. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Ok, let me start by saying that I LOVE the Edge pads, I probably didn't use the right words, so I apologize for the confusion. So, what I meant about that is that, having tried both systems, the Edge seems to not spin as fast as the LC pads and reduce spinning power when you apply a little weight to it, compared to the 20lbs that you can put over LC, Edge seems to loose power at 10-12lbs. It might be just me, but as the thread started specified, it was about products that we, as individuals might dislike or be dissapointed with them. I love Optimum Car Wax, and somebody already stated that he was dissapointed with it. Just my :2cents:

I find it to have the same bite as the orange, and I used it with the SSR's and Optimum polishes and compounds. I use white, and when that doesn't work, I go to orange straight.

Side note: for those of you who are kinda sad due to reading that products you like or want are not wanted by others, does not mean that they should be pitched or thrown down. All of this are personal opinions, and if what you have and has been mentioned in this thread works for YOU, keep on with it. That's why we have so many options of everything, so we can choose what works best for us, or what's best, period. Another 2 cents

19. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

XMT Polishes - Nowhere near the abilities of Menzerna or Scholl Concepts and they dust like crazy!

CGs Water Spot remover - Never ever could get this product to work and water spots just laughed at it.

DP Wheel Gel - Too glossy for me and it did sling off.

Megs APC - Was ok until I tried some really good APCs and Majestic Solutions Super Green Stuff made it look like water.

Optimum Spray Wax - Look was ok and durability was non existent.

Duragloss Metal Polish - Didn't perform like other metal polishes and left me going for another polish to make the metal look good.

LC Ultimitt - Once it got wet I felt like I was trying to wash the car with a dead seal. The thing weighed a ton and was just way too big for me.

Couldn't agree with this more. Heck I absolutely love Jetseal and wouldn't take it out of my collection regardless how many people don't care for it. It works for me and that's all that matters.

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for the clarification there bigfoot.

LoL, well said yet again bigfoot. Like I said before, I know we all value each other's opinions very highly but with this thread, it makes it difficult to do just that. If there's something that works for you, it might not work for others.

Now if you see many forum members complaining about the same thing (i.e. PB's SSR line), then that's a pretty fair indication that you should stay away from it. Of course, this is all at your discretion; no one is stopping you from trying it yourself to see how YOU like it and how it works for YOU.