Disapointed of P21s Gel Wheel Cleaner...

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by GigaFlow, Jan 22, 2008.

1. GigaFlow

GigaFlow Two Bucket System Washer

I've tryed P21s Gel Wheel Cleaner for couple a days ago...

I spray it on my rims and waited 20 minutes before i spray it of with clean water.
    The Gel Wheel Cleaner have big troble with removing some dirt.
    one spot i easily removed with my finger though...

actually it seems Amazing Roll Off do the job equal or better than P21S...

My rims is not very dirty, so i think is little weird that P21s dont remove all the dirt.

Maybe i just do it the wrong way...?

I have tried many wheel Cleaners that is stronger then P21s...

Is it someone her which have experience the same thing, or is it just me?

2. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Acidic wheel cleaners are spray on - rinse off, the acid does the cleaning

P21S Wheel Cleaner 100% acid free-methodology; spray on, allow to dwell, agitate and then rinse off.

The only (non-acid) wheel cleaner I've used that's come even close to it's cleaning ability is Menz [but I must say the P21S Red blows everything else away]

3. GigaFlow

But instead of use P21s Gel Wheel Cleaner and wait long time before removing it, is it not better to use 2 minutes to wash the rims with water/soap/sponge and save alot of time and money?

4. Kron

Kron Two Bucket System Washer

As togwt says its not a spray on rinse off product, It does need to be worked in with a brush for the best results.

5. GigaFlow

So water/soap/Spunge is a alternative?

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Clean your wheels with P21S gel wheel cleaner. Spray it on, let it dwell, agitate with a soft brush, rinse. Dry your wheels. Then seal them with a polymer sealant. Then just use soap and water to clean them (will be easy).

7. GigaFlow

Can i use CG Blitz Sealant to protect my chrome rims?

8. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

any sealent will do i use opti seal so i dont have to buff off the residue

i use a apc for the barell of my wheels and normal soap and water for the faces. No need to use a wheel cleaner on a properly maintained vehicle

9. GigaFlow

Then i can save som money.

I don't need the expensive P21s Gel Wheel Cleaner as long as my rims regularly beeing washed.

I think my english sucks big... but the same does my girlfriend so... :baby: :cool2:

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Your signature is wicked!

11. GigaFlow

Sorry... just had to.. :giggle:

12. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

vwhat sig?

13. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

C'mon Philly get with it :hi: !!!

14. richy

richy Guest

Gigaflow..ya man..the sig rocks! From one parsimonious soul to another (cheap is such a nasty word!!), unless you are doing a variety of cars (for customers or what not) that don't get regular maintenance, you won't need a stronger wheel cleaner. Once cleaned and sealed (I use either DG 501 or CG JS109), they will maintain just fine with soap and water.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

:paranoia:

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

apply it with an applicator pad (foam or MF) to the clean and dry wheel. Let it haze for 20-30 minutes, and wipe it off and buff the wheel to a high shine.

Good luck!

17. haper

haper Birth of a Detailer

i have a bmw, which produce a ton of brake dust. when ppl ask what i use on my rims i say car soap, water and sponge. they give me that dumbfounded look, when i tell them i do it once, if not twice a week, then they look at me like i'm an alien.

that's why i like detail bliss so much, i'm not looked upon in utter amazement for my car care maintenance :)

18. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I am done with the P21s gel the stuff really isnt anything special, still have a bottle left and I will only use on delicate wheels but in addition to WB I think im going to get some ARO and Simple Green.

19. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

i like it

20. marlcoke

marlcoke Birth of a Detailer

agreed....after using 1 full bottle of p21s gel, i wasn't too impressed.