DirtyWeRX's Collection

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by DirtyWeRX, May 5, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Yes, they look almost identical, in fact I have not found very many sealants that actually change the look or the depth of the finish. I have played around with caranuba (p21s, AGHD) over Powerlock and it really enhances the look. But as a stand alone they are almost identical.

Major difference between Z2 and MPL, is cost and ease of use. The ZFX thing to me is unnecessary I just tell the client do not wash your car for 24 hours....Layering sealants is almost pointless, which is where ZFX "may" come into play if you need a fast cure time, now topping off (re applying sealant at a later date) is a different story, it extends the life. Honestly i've never found layering sealants to actually increase durability, or the look.

MPL is my go to "sealant" right now outside of 1Z glanz, I use Z2 strictly on trim plastics and wheels, don't ask me why, just an old habit really.

Z2 will out last glanz hands down, so that is may the other reason.

As the new nano coatings are coming out, and the price per application is cost effective products like Permanon have peaked my interest simply because they last far longer then a traditional products.

2. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Just got this in today.

[​IMG]

now to find a place for it in the shelves...

3. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

More shelving for more products! I have a question WHY did you buy the D301 and finishing disk..I've heard they are not very good at all but if you've had good luck with them good for you. Also tell how you like the D300, use it on your subu. If you like it on your subu then I am sold!

4. DirtyWeRX

Eh, I kinda figured that despite what other people say, I'm willing to try it out myself. Plus, a while ago, I messages Phil about rotary polishers (because all I had at the time was my PC) and he suggested trying out the kit... Well I still got the polisher and the kit. If Phil suggests it, then I take that in to consideration.

Also, I've seen a recent write up that Phil did using the finishing disk with Menzerna power finish (if I remember correctly) so it will be fun to try it out and see if I get good results.

I just got the products in today so I haven't tested them yet. Maybe this weekend? I'll post my results and impressions

5. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

Those 5" MF pads, do they fit the standard Meguiars backing plates?

6. DirtyWeRX

Depends. From what I've seen, Meg's has a 6" and 5" backing plate so I guess it depends on what size you have

7. belair

belair Birth of a Detailer

Those MF pads should fit the regular 5" BP, but the system calls for a BP that's designed to work with that DA MF system, W67DA I think is the number. I spent the past few days using the MF system on our pearl white '05 Sienna van and the results were really good, although I have to say I clayed the paint first & the yellow clay was light brown when I finished so that had a lot to do with the result.

8. DirtyWeRX

Just wondering, but what's so special about their backing plate?

9. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

The Meg backing plate runs cooler compare to the LC backing plate IME.

10. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

definitely try the mf finishing pad with menz power finish, some member here did a car with that combo with good results.

you didn't order the meg backplate?

11. DirtyWeRX

Lol nope. I kinda figured a backing plate is just a backing plate when it come to a da polishers LOL

12. DirtyWeRX

UPDATE!!!

Did someone say "Pre-Black Friday Deal???"

Some goodies I got from Phil and a couple forum members recently!

A heaping handful of Euro-shag towels... ooooooo soooo soooooffftttt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

***not pictured: Uber Red Applicator

13. Kilo6_one

those towels look sweet........

14. DirtyWeRX

I havent tried them out on a car yet. I just got them a couple days ago, but they seem like they would work pretty well.

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

How are those hi tech glass towels (pink from Phil) thought of picking one or two up but wanted to get some close ups...soft or stiff fabric? THanks!

16. DirtyWeRX

They are extremely thin. kinda have the consistency of high weight paper, but more flexible. kinda hard to describe.

i would recommend buying 2 of them. Its what the description says to do. I disreguarded it and bought 1. I had poor results, this is the second one I bought but havent tried it out following the instructions.

youre supposed to soak one in the product you use to clean windows, and biff with a dry one. Some people have gotten really good results that way

17. DirtyWeRX

Got quite a few things in the past couple days...

Optimum Spray wax, Klima, Megs DA MF correcting compound, 5" Cutting pads, 1 oz meas. cups, Rotary-to-DA adapter
    [​IMG]

TONS of bottles
    [​IMG]

New 6' hose for metro vac n' blo
    [​IMG]

Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel sample
    [​IMG]

Permanon Platinum sample (thanks iomcamaro)
    [​IMG]

New replacement DA MF pads from Meg's
    [​IMG]

18. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Hey next time get those self cleaning bottles can you get some extra like say 4 more then ship them to me. I'll pre pay with paypal if you want

19. DirtyWeRX

Sure thing. Might be a couple weeks. AG gave me a $20 gift card that I'll probably be using soon. I'm gonna put it towards the purchase of a dash Matt for my dads truck. I'll throw a few bottle in there for ya and let you

20. Kilo6_one

Those bottles are awesome........