Differences concerning High End Wax's

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Dale, May 10, 2009.

  1. Dale

    Dale Any Rag Vehicle Washer

    Ok without killing each other can I get some PRO's opinions on the differences in these 3 wax's Zymol Vintage, Zymol Royal and Swissvax Crystal Rock and which they think is the best???
     
  2. 911Fanatic

    911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

    There is no best, Dale. There is only opinion and perception. Sorry.
     
  3. JLs Detailing

    JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

    Have to agree here with Ken. I would suggest you might get better information by asking what are the guys' top three, then you can see what the guys that you really admire their work are loving. And not sure if I've ever seen anyone on here use Royale so that might be a moot point in your survey.
     
  4. Nica

    Nica Banned

    I would have to agree, 'the best wax' is very, very subjective, just like anything in life.

    However, I'm fortunate to own two out of the three waxes you mention. Royale, I don't own...yet...but I managed to get my hands on a sample.

    My personal opinion on all three waxes is that they are all good, each one has it's pro's and cons. What I mean is, lets take Crystal Rock. This wax is by far the easiest to work with, application and removal is incredibly easy. Application to me is very minor, results, appearance is what I look for. More dear to me is the Carnauba glow. Crystal Rock gives the vehicles great sharpness, makes flakes on the paint POP like crazy and it has (what I consider) reasonable Carnauba glow. Compared to Vintage or Royale...er..Zymol in general, Zymol has less of a sharpness but explodes on the Carnauba glow. It seems that Zymol likes to mute the flakes on the paint a bit, which makes sense because in order to get that Carnauba glow you can't have flakes popping through...well that's just my opinion and by no means am I a chemist or a Carnauba expert...just my opinion.

    If your interested on finding the best, the only way you'll be able to do this is by trying them out your self, like I said waxes are very subjective so until you try them you wont know which one appeals more to you. The downside is that you'll have to spend a significant amount of money to try them out, but for me it's about collecting the waxes, I enjoy my collection.

    Oh did you know that there is no Royale in Canada.....yet that is :whistle:
     
  5. detaildoc

    detaildoc Guest

    I'd say, get some RBOE and save yourself thousands of dollars and still get an awesome carnauba glow and some nice flake pop at the same time.
     
  6. 911Fanatic

    911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

    I think I will. I like the new avatar!
     
  7. Asphalt Rocket

    Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

    I would agree it is personal preference. The main thing the high end waxes give you is a higher carnuaba content which makes it very easy to wash you vehicle and rinse. Whatever you use to wash with will glide that much easier and when you rinse the water runs off alot easier. Otherwise it is your prep work that is going to dictate what the finished product is going to look like. Being the owner of several of the higher end waxes and was able to look into the future I would not own them because to me they really didn't add much of anything over say something like Souveran, Concorso, or Concours. With that being said those are the three I usually use now and the higher end waxes just sit on the shelf.
     
  8. Dale

    Dale Any Rag Vehicle Washer

    Hmm...Well thx for all the advice guys. You make some great points. Personally I use P21s 100%. I like it and more importantly so do my clients and I'm talking the higher end cars as well, but I've been thinking about these wax's: A) Because there higher end cars and should be pampered which is also a good sales point and B) a client was asking about them and offering to purchase one for my company to use under certain conditions. Not to mention Paul Dalton's the man and his cars look crisp using those wax's and glazes.
     
  9. Dale

    Dale Any Rag Vehicle Washer

    Sorry Nico...I might have to be the first! But idunno, Chyistal Rock looks good too dammit
     
  10. Darkstar752

    Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

    Well if you are looking into investing in some high-quality, low cost, there is Rubbish Boys Original Edition, Supernatural, and Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm. Great stuff! I've heard it's pretty hard to sell Crystal Rock because the price per layer is so high and people have a hard time justifying paying that much for a small difference (to them).

    BTW, Paul Dalton posts on this site under Paul Dalton AKA Miracle and is a very nice(although busy) guy if you ever want to talk to him :thumb:
     
  11. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Oh and it does look good, when I first tried it I was blown a way with it..infact I compared Crystal Rock with Divine and in my opinion Crystal Rock looks much, much better then Divine and half the cost too. I don't mind Divine but I would rather use Crystal Rock over Divine...I actually do prefer Crystal Rock over my two tubs of Divine :shrug:

    But there is something about Zymol that it's hard for me to explain, I call it the Carnauba glow. See it's just that after I've applied Vintage to a vehicle, right a way it seems to have a distinctive glow to it. I usually do the field glaze wipe down a day after I've applied Vintage and the vehicle just looks better and better...but in all honesty it could be all in my head :crasy: :crasy: you know seeing something that may not even be there or seeing something because the wax cost 'x' amount...who knows....but that's just my opinion.

    To be honest if I had to choose one wax, I wouldn't know which one I would pick, they are all fine waxes. However, if money was an issue it would come down to Crystal Rock vs Vintage. Both are good waxes but if you look at it from a business perspective, Crystal Rock is not refillable like Vintage is, so it would make more sense to go with Vintage due to refills...again just my opinion.

    Now if your clients are asking for a higher end wax, I'd say give it to them, I believe in what customer wants customer gets...at a reasonable rate of return that is. Again just my :2cents:
     
  12. detaildoc

    detaildoc Guest

    Completely agree! One huge downside to Crystal Rock is that it does not come with refills. If I were ever to buy such an expensive wax, it damn better come with some refills, so I would make it Vintage.
     
  13. Dale

    Dale Any Rag Vehicle Washer

    Thanks for the info. I'm sure a fair part of my clients can and will pay the extra price. Obviously with no offence to anyone but a guy driving his daily driver civic, or vw, and so on is not going to care for it. But my clients have me baby there babys so to speak. call me to clean them up after every use, so there the ones that want it. And I figure if a client is offering to pay for it for me with a few stipulations then why not right? Just a matter of choosing one really.
     
  14. Dale

    Dale Any Rag Vehicle Washer

    I was thinking the same thing with the refills. Although it costs thousands.....its free refills for life....kinda can't go wrong when you detail cars for a living :shrug: Now for the question!!!! why is there 2 pots in Royal? Is one a wax and one a glaze?
     
  15. Denzil

    Denzil Guest

    Just keep in mind that if you were to do a double-blind test, no one would be able to discern which wax was which. Sure they all perform differently but just because one is more expensive than the other doesn't necessarily deem it better than the other. Also, waxes/sealants are all a matter of opinion.
     
  16. junebug

    junebug Jedi Nuba

    Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, at least I hope so. But, I have a hard time after detailing a car "seeing" the big outcome. Huh? Ok - let's say I work 8-10 hours on prep, the paint looks awesome, then I get ready for the LSP - nothing much (in my eyes) looks that great. Now, my wife (also my QC inspector) can tell in a second what I used and how much it added. I can't, maybe after staring at in all day, my eyes are just tired, i don't know..
     
  17. Spyral

    Spyral DB Forum Supporter

    junebug, that's weird.

    OP, if the client wants to buy it, push for Royale...lol
     

Share This Page