Diaries of a Dealership Detailer...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by billyblooshoes, Nov 10, 2009.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Great thread! How did you fix this issue and I bet the R8 owner was MIFFED!!! :yikes:

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Man that is some crazy junk!!! Dude you need to tell your boss's boss to check this web site out and find out what his cars could like. Trust me, if they really understood the kind of work you did, they could charge more for their cars.

3. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

+1

If I was that owner I would have had the stealer keep it, get me another car.
    that's INSANE.

4. VooDoo

VooDoo Birth of a Detailer

I love these stories, its no different this side of the pond either. I now specialize in dealership detailing and get new dealerships ringing me every week purely via word of mouth.

5. Wes_R

Wes_R Birth of a Detailer

You need to take over your dept. this stuff is terrible, tire shine on the interior of an R8, car soap used as apc, I could not deal with this on a daily basis.

Give me the guys email who can make you boss and let me email him as a previous customer and mention how these terrible jobs are making the dealership look bad, and that this great guy Billy was able to fix the mistake.

Then we can get Nica to name you Billybossshoes.

6. Strytnyne

Strytnyne DB Forum Supporter

nooo not an r8 =[ cant believe they molested it

7. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Seems you really should keep that number to yourself.

8. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

^^^+1. last guy who was braging with money got banned. just heads up

9. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

i appreciate the offer, but the store is going to through major transitional changes right now (we're being bought out), so being as that i dont even know whats going to happen with our jobs, its kind of pointless to try and make any big changes.

i basically gave the VP grounds to fire the first guy who initially fired me (the laquer thinner guy) as he was a complete mess, so instead of firing him and promoting me, they hired another imbecile.

10. VooDoo

VooDoo Birth of a Detailer

my apologies. The figure has nothing to do with bragging or big noting myself, more that these issues most ppl are describing can be turned to your advantage and $$ in your pocket if you try. Ive removed the comment if it offended anyone but obviously cant removed it when its quoted.

11. Subscribed :chips: