DG 451 Fabric & Carpet Cleaner

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by dadswrld, Oct 13, 2009.

1. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

Hey Guys, just wanted to drop a few pics on nothing spectacular but f few dirty seats.
    I manged to try out some DG 451 on a cloth seating with my steam machine and I quite liked the results. While I thank everyone and their personal suggestions for different products, Richy's love for DG & price got me to try it.

I was also looking for something for velour seats like that in the new Malibu's, Sauturn Vue. I rather cloth or leather seats, but that velour stuff gets me all the time. So far this 451 foam aerosol doesn't leave rings on the seat and is dry after it's wiped by cloth. When used with my vapor machine, it's only damp and not soaked. Well enough :bla2:, here's a few pics.

50/50

[​IMG]

Passenger Seat tilted back into the rear seat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

passenger headrest on the left (cleaned), driver's on the right (still dirty).

[​IMG]

I plan on trying some Withcraft in a bottle (Majestic Solutions Extraction & Enzymatic). Thanks for looking. And thanks Richy for your love of Duragloss.

These pics were taken with my iPhone, so sorry if they're not crisp pics!

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

looks good to me. any pics of the above 2 headrests done?

3. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

thats an amazing difference. do you think i would be able to achieve similar results using MS Extraction and the Bissell LGM? I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on a real steamer since i only maintain cars for my own family.

4. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Were the rear seats cleaned too? Great results on the fronts:thumb:

5. dadswrld

From what I read others have achieved the same results without a steamer. Check out the comment from krshultz.
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f36/mjs-extraction-plus-11610.html

I have a one of those Bissell machines, the black Pro Heat Auto model, and to me, it just doesn't have the suction power, which is why most use a shop vac with much stronger suction to get the water out. If your not planning on earning money to justify the difference, then I would stick with a shop vac. The beauty with the DG 451 is that it goes on as a dry foam and be wiped away with a terry cloth.

Thanks. Yes they were. They were only wiped by cloth and the fronts by steam. I tilted the front seat towards the rear to show the diff.

6. richy

richy Guest

Wow..great job on that cloth interior! You know something, I've never tried that product...bloody hell...now I have to, LOL. My cabinet is starting to look like a DG catalogue. I'm glad it lived up to the high level of the rest of the line. The latest product I've tried from them is Rain Repel after Karl's recommendation and I do love it..that and the Fast clean and shine..gonna get me a gallon of that stuff!!

7. dadswrld

I'm going to be doing my sister's car which has velour seats. I will take pictures of that and show you the end results. I'm after the best product to clean the upholstery with the least effort and so far the 451 is leading the charge.

The Fast clean and shine, do you use that as a final wipe down like the Menzerna Inspection?

8. richy

richy Guest

It can be used as a regular detail spray or as a gloss-enhancing spray used about an hour after applying the sealant. Used over DG 111, it's incredible.

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Great job on those seats! I'll have to check this DG stuff out.

I like how "Witchcraft in a Bottle" has sort of taken off. :lol: I call Extraction Plus by this name because oftentimes, I can't figure out where the dirt goes. It's just...gone. High school physics taught me that it's not possible, so it must be witchcraft. (In truth, it comes out with the foam you create when using it, or comes out when you blot the stain dry, or both).

For what it's worth, Phil, one of the brothers who owns Majestic Solutions, told me that if you want one carpet cleaner for everything, Extraction Plus is the one to get. The enzymatic ones are probably better on some types of stains, but usually, I don't know what created the stain I'm dealing with.

For your seats above, I'm not sure I would use Extraction Plus. Not because it wouldn't work; I just prefer aerosol foaming cleaners on upholstery like seats. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I guess the Duragloss stuff is an aerosol foam. When working on really nasty velour seats, I've seen wet cleaners (like Extraction Plus) lift dirt out of the foam cushion of the seat, leaving a stain that's even more difficult to remove than the dirt I was originally trying to remove. As usual, try a test area first.

Anyway, for carpets, here are some pictures. Floor mats, before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Floor mats, after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

are you serious!?!? I gotta get me some of that stuff. I get the same results but I'm using Super Green Stuff 3:1. I get the floor mat damp, liberally spray it down with SGS 3:1, agitate it with my brush, then pressure wash it all off. 4 Floor mats takes me about a good 30minutes to do. What was your process with those?

11. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I'm dead serious. :) From my F250 writeup:

The carpets were dry brushed and vacuumed. Then, I hit them with Majestic Extraction Plus carpet cleaner at the recommended 10:1. I'll say it again - this stuff is witchcraft in a bottle. I soaked the carpets with the Extraction Plus, and then brushed them vigorously. Then I "faked" an extraction machine, with a spray bottle full of hot water and my shop vac.

No pressure washer for me. I own two and never use either one of them.

I have yet to try SGS as an interior cleaner. You're the second person to mention doing so, maybe you guys are on to something.

12. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

haha maybe, SGS is great. I'm on my last gallon. It'll last me till spring I'm hoping. But over the winter I'm planning on stocking up again! Thanks again for the recommendation to Majestics, Karl!

13. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

With Extraction Plus, 10:1 is the dilution for heavy cleaning. So when you order, don't buy five gallons of it :lol:

14. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

10:1 wow......Im going to have to look into getting some of that soon.

15. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

do you guys have a link on where to pick up these products? I need the best products for cleaning carpets. that is all my customers want around here.

do you guys use actual extractors when using these cleaners or are you just using your shop vacuum to pick the chemicals up out of the carpet

thanks

godoman

16. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Extraction Plus is made and sold by Majestic Solutions. I'm using the process I described at the top of this page, post #11.

17. richy

richy Guest

Karl...I'm seriously thinking of making an order with them and this would be at the top of the list. I see a product called "extraction" but not "extraction plus". Here is the link for the extraction..do you have one for the plus? I don't see it. I'm gonna try both this and the DG one.

18. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Is the extraction plus the best cleaner they have? As I see a few more carpet cleaners in their store.

19. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Richy, check your PMs.

One of the owners told me that if you were to buy one carpet cleaner from them, Extraction Plus is the one to get. I've got some of the others, but rarely use them anymore. EP is my hands down favorite.

As to the others: the aerosol "Carpet Spotter HD" is a solvent-based one that is absolutely amazing. But I wouldn't go using it on a whole car; just for really stubborn little spots. It's "Test this in an area nobody can see" strong. "Enzymatic" is really great for organic stains like pet vomit. The version I buy is an aerosol, but they have a regular one too.

Like I said, if I had to buy only one, I'd get EP.