Detroit skyline

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by richy, Jan 9, 2010.

1. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

VERY Cool pix! Thanks for posting! :mounty:

2. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

Great shots!

I think you covered just about everything: Ren Cen, Fisher Building, Belle Isle, Ambassador Bridge, Cobo, Joe Luis Arena, even the Detroit Princess is shown!

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice pics!

4. richy

richy Guest

Thank you.
    I had a great vantage point!!
    Thank you.

5. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

You coming across for the Autoshow? I'm sick of hearing about it already and it hasn't started yet. hahaha

Nice pics man.

6. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

I never knew that. I'm right across the bridge in Wyandotte/Southgate. GI was just in the top 40 or 50 of best places to live in the states too.

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I'm in the historic district of downtown Utica

8. richy

richy Guest

I've told Gary this before, my grandmother used to live in Grosse Ile right over the bridge by the yacht club. Good memories there from my youth.
    :rollinglaugh:

9. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

Honestly, I'd say just leave the camera and enjoy the show. I've stopped bring my camera to these shows because it's just too crowded to get any good pics. Unless you come at a slow time.

Yeah, it's a nice community. I've road my motorcycle with the guy that runs the airport a couple times and ride a lot with the GI ordinance officer.

10. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I grew up in Wyandotte. After getting my MBA from the University of Michigan I stayed in Ann Arbor for a few years before moving to Grosse Ile. My cousin is one of the few cops on the island so if you ever get busted over there let me know. Before moving to Florida I worked out of both downtown Detroit and Ann Arbor not far from the stadium.

Seems like a small world sometimes. I remember Richy telling me his grandmother use to live on Grosse Ile.

11. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

I grew up in Wyandotte and lived here for 30 years and just recently moved to Southgate. LOL Small world. Actually my mother inlaw is one of GI's dispatchers. LOL

12. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Growing up I lived on 16Th Street between Antoine and Goddard.

13. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

How long ago? My aunt lived there a for a little bit and I know a few people still in that area. Did you go to Jefferson too?

I grew up on Electric and Hudson and went to Jefferson.

14. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I went to Jefferson. We use to clime up top of both Jefferson and Wilson as kids. It's been at least 15 years since I was back in Wyandotte.

15. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

I remember kids on the roof all of the time. LOL Yeah, I went to Wilson too and the Roosevelt.

How old are you?

16. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Seriously... that is where I live

17. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Older than I care to think about. Married with children. What's your last name?

Now you get me thinking about all the crazy things we use to do as kids. One time after school the doors back by the gym were open at Jefferson. We took our bikes in and rode them down the halls leaving a bunch of skid marks on the floor.

Sorry to get off topic on your thread Richy!

18. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

^ I say A-OK ;)
    good to have some Michigan love. Not many folks on these boards know about Better-Made, Faygo, Vernors, Coney Island, etc, and I for one enjoy seeing and chatting with folks that do.

I'm in the Southfield area myself, but despite you folks being NE of me (SE/downriver for Bob) its all the same area and I'm familiar with many of the general areas you folks are talking about. My sister and her husband lived in Eastpoint for about a year before moving to Warren

19. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

Daniels is my last name. We are a big family and there is Daniels all through Wyandotte. LOL

20. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Don't you have a great uncle named Jack (I know, very original)....:lol2: