detailing plastics

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by ericeng2, Sep 25, 2011.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

AG Interior Shampoo.

2. ericeng2

ericeng2 Two Bucket System Washer

Anyone have a link to AG Interior shampoo? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I believe Auto Glym Interior Shampoo is easier to find in Canada and Europe than in the US. Some have said it was available at Wal-mart over the years, but I never saw it at the Walmart here in Renton, WA.. :(

Last time I looked for it it was somewhat available on Amazon.com, you can check there too. Also sometimes it shows up on Ebay..

I am totally in with DJBailey on using Einszett Deep Plastic Cleaner and following up with Einszett Cockpit Premium where applicable... Great performance, no rinsing needed, just perfect finish left behind every time..

Dan F

4. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

PM 911fanatic. And get the 5L jug.

5. ericeng2

Well im definitely getting the two 1z bottles. However, I do not do nearly the amount needed of carpet cleaning to justify a 5 liter jug. My own cars carpets and seats are in pretty mint condition ( especially for 36k miles) if I used carpet and upholstery cleaner, it would probably be for my dads work truck, but it is a work truck. I may just stick with a small bottle of adams cleaner just to have. I may do a touch up on my driver side floor mat if anything. And I will also look for the ag stuff again.

Sent from my Galaxy S

6. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

I never noticed that there was 2 sizes for the 1Z-einszett-Plastic-Deep-Cleaner. I was going by the picture of the small bottle all this time. All the other 10L jugs of 1Z products have their own picture on the website. I didn't think 10L was available through you anymore. That's good news.

7. ericeng2

Is 1Z cockpit alright to use on the steering wheel? Quite a few of products can't be used on it just because they are slippery.

8. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

It should be fine - Cockpit tends to use a factory finish (aka - no slick/shiny residue like crappy OTC product) - although I've never used copious amounts of it to take it to the extreme.

9. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I have never used Einszett Cockpit Cleaner on a steering wheel, but I suppose you can. It is not a very strong cleaner but if your material is not very dirty, it should be fine. Yes, you can also use Einszett Deep Plastic Cleaner on a steering wheel. Just be careful, its can be very strong depending on how you use it, how long you let it dwell, how hard you rub it into the material - like anything else. It will leave a non slippery matte finish when dried. If you are using it on a very dirty leather covered steering wheel, again be gentle, and be sure to follow up with a leather conditioner, hopefully something that does not make the wheel slippery like some products do..

Dan F

10. ericeng2

ok well I just placed my order with Phil

1Z plastic deep, cockpit premium, Adam's carpet and upholstery, and the 3+1 pack of Prima Clarity

I saw that sonax kit for 49% off. I want it so bad! I just don't have 70 more bucks to low down right now. phil really has some great deals

11. ericeng2

Got it today! Super fast delivery, I didn't think Fedex delivered on saturdays too (without extra charge).

I got a chance to use every one of the products too so here are my thoughts:

1Z plastic deep cleaner: It does its job for sure. Everything got cleaned and I love the smell of it. Not a single complaint

1Z Cockpit premium: I can't comment about much as it is a protectant and I won't see immediate results. It came on shiny though which surprised me. Everyone kept saying it give a flat look. It did dry to be flat though. I don't know why people say it has a citrus smell though. I don't smell it, but it does have a great clean smell that I do enjoy. It is a little over powered at first, but I'm sure it will die down in a day or so though.

Adam's carpet and upholstery cleaner: I didn't really have dirty carpet to try it on, but I tried it on my driver side front carpet. It made the carpet look brand new again, and the 1z plastic deep cleaner made the rubber parts of my all-weather mats look pretty darn good as well.

Prima Clarity: It surprised me at how well it cleaned glass! The first time I applied it, I got scared seeing so many streaks (most likely caused by my mf towel), but it dried up to a perfect clear shine almost instantaneously. I went around and it every window, inside and out and it is BEAUTIFUL now.

Overall, my car smell super clean and fresh now and everything looks awesome! I am 100% happy with every product I got. Thanks guys for all the help with the products.

12. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

ericeng2 -

Glad you received your products quickly and that you like them!
    I have also never had an issue with Einszett products smells - I actually like them and my Client's love them. None of them will smell up the car so bad or so long that you cant stand them.
    Good luck with your Detailing !
    Dan F

13. ericeng2

So yesterday while driving in the sun rise, I noticed that a couple of my windows did have streaks in them from the prima clarity. Not sure what exactly happened, but I am blaming the fact that I had a slightly dirty mf cloth by the time I got to the window that had the most streaks. I jsut went over it again with a clean cloth and i'm going to see today if everything is crystal clear.

14. ericeng2

Just wondering, is there a correct way of applying Prima Clarity? I am getting quite a bit of streaks. I've tried using new mf towels several times now. Is there a pre-cleaning process?

I usually spray on the towel itself, then wipe on. Switch to a dry side and wipe off in either the opposite direction (side to side vs up-down) or I go in tight swirls

15. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

With any window cleaner the main thing is to use two or more MFs. One for cleaning and another for buffing. And make sure you spray it on the window not just the MF towel.