Detailer's Domain's - 2001 Audi S4 Restoration and Build

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by detailersdomain, May 21, 2013.

1. dblackn

dblackn Two Bucket System Washer

Can't wait to see the end results I'm assuming this one will have compustar security and a GPS locator!

2. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

3. 9evolution

9evolution Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hey Phil i have a BNIB progressive water/meth kit for sale fits any vehicle. Triggered off of either boost or injector duty cycle. Kit is sold by Perrin, pump and jets are Aquamist.

4. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

Love your willingness to tear down amd rebuild. I can't wait to see the finished product.

How many coats of clear are you going with?

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Damn! This gonna be awesome!! Just hate seeing a car in a body shop with no glass in it. :(

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I wanted to do the seals up restoration on this car, the car is getting new glass as well. yup should be a good one.

7. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

I love the B5 S4 despite all of the problems mine had until the day it was killed. There is something very pleasing about watching you restore one. Should have gone Wide Body with RS4 bumper... only 20K more. Are you keeping the door molding off? It's a clean look. Great color choice. Can't wait to see you achieve perfection.

8. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Damn Phil ... you don't mess around. Can't wait to see this bad boy in person. Your OCD will pay off.

9. detailersdomain

Painted and ready to be put back together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Mike Lambert

Mike Lambert Birth of a Detailer

Very nice phil, can't wait to see it done!

11. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

That is a really beautiful blue!

12. detailersdomain

a few more updates.

since I could not deal with the interior being a bit scratched up I picked up some new items including the RS4 door pulls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some updates putting together the car and glass going in soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

video updates
    [video=youtube;OOnGa5zknKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOnGa5zknKQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

13. detailersdomain

the lastest up on the the S4 - waiting for 2 trim pieces and the glass will be installed I hope to have this back by Wed of next week.

[video=youtube;vsR5lQCMtmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsR5lQCMtmQ[/video]

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks great Phil! Going to be like brand new. How many miles on this one?

15. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

Dude. KILLER Phil!! So cool! Always loved the B5s! Kudos man, can't wait to see it all dialed in after you've had "your magic" on it back in the shop. :)

16. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

coming along just fine!

17. detailersdomain

sure the first one had about 38 delivery miles, the 2nd one was when the car was out of production was a CPOd car from an Audi dealer at 28k or so.

this one being restored has 72k on it. the exact miles my first one had when it was stolen.

18. detailersdomain

trust me I can't wait either now its a matter of can I drive it daily its a 12 year old car.

19. eacmonroe

eacmonroe Virgin Detailer

I dont think OCD is a word that can describe you, i think you are in your own category! Audi looks great, im glad your getting back in touch with your long lost love. Cant wait to see end results!

20. dionnfr

dionnfr Birth of a Detailer

Can't wait to see you get your hands on it to see what you do to it. Oh just one question are you going to let them buff it ou. Just kidding.