Detailer's Domain/Sonax Full Effect Contest!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by detailersdomain, Jun 1, 2011.

1. maxnix

maxnix Virgin Detailer

So how much of the Sonax are you guys using? Are you using it straight or diluted? I used it for the first time today and was a little dismayed I used 800cc, about 4X what I was expecting.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

you don't want to dilute Sonax or it won't work well.

you also want to apply this on a dry wheel.

I can get 8-12 wheels out of a 500 ml bottle.

3. maxnix

maxnix Virgin Detailer

Thanks, I got 4 or 200 ml per wheel. It was a little windy so I couldn't use a fine spray.

Appreciate the information.

4. detailersdomain

anytime we are here to help.

5. Jason@Sonax

Jason@Sonax DB Certified Manufacturer

they key to using less is what detailersdomain offered as advice; apply the product on a dry wheel. If you have already rinsed, and water is present, the added Wheel Cleaner will run off quickly.

6. Doc GTO

Doc GTO Virgin Detailer

Ok, I need to clean some wheels this weekend anyway! Photos to come soon.

7. Doc GTO

Doc GTO Virgin Detailer

My spare set of 911S wheels. As you can see, they have a nice layer of brake dust and road dirt on them . . . :yikes:
    [​IMG]

Now, Sonax Wheel cleaner in action:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Product placement!!!
    [​IMG]

Now, just with spraying the wheels off with NO scrubbing as all!:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ba-LING!
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Phil, I love this stuff!!!
    :applause:

8. EDness

EDness Virgin Detailer

i'll play...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jason@Sonax

Jason@Sonax DB Certified Manufacturer

Excellent pics to all! Two days left in the contest!!

10. JyoTeen

JyoTeen Virgin Detailer

Not bad for 8 years and 109k miles of daily driver and track duty. Zero effort, really, especially on the hard to get off track pad compound

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

My turn! here's my submission I have more of this wheel but don't want to submit so many.

Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

During:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. aowheels

aowheels DB Pro Supporter

I got some coming guys!!! Probably have them up around the 1st or so!!!

13. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

I was hoping to get a german car to detail or a very dirty set of wheels but no luck...

Anyway here are my entries:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can provide hi-res pics for your advertising if I get picked! :)

14. PanteraKitty

PanteraKitty Virgin Detailer

I started out thinking that I wanted a really nasty set of wheels for this so I used the wifely unit's Merc beater and loaded the pictures to an album here titled "Sonax Merc". After thinking about it a little more I decided to use an example of why I bought Sonax. This is a BBS lightweight wheel for an AP-1 Honda S2000. It lived with a couple of autocross and track enthusiasts before it came to me. I'm sure it has seen some brake pads that are even more aggressive than the Hawk HP Plus that I use. These wheels have been cleaned with my favorite general purpose cleaner that I use for tires and wheels. Then they were cleaned with a popular wheel cleaner. I think I heard the crusty, caked on, baked on black lumps laughing when I sprayed them with the popular wheel cleaner.

Here is a picture of the black build-up in the corners of the spokes:

mini-DSC01595.JPG

Back side of wheel:

mini-DSC01599.JPG

Let's spray a little Sonax on it and see what happens.

mini-DSC01601.JPG

Time to go check e-mail, get a cup of coffee and let this soak. With the humidity around here I can let this sit for 15-20 minutes without it drying. Then I can brush it and spray a little more Sonax on it.

mini-DSC01603.JPG

Now we rinse. That looks clean enough for the girls that I go with.

mini-DSC01606.JPG

Now let's do the side that actually will be seen. Spray a little Sonax and go get a beer.

mini-DSC01611.JPG

Brush.

mini-DSC01613.JPG

Rinse. Looks clean, doesn't it? I think we will give it another light spray with Sonax and see what happens.

mini-DSC01615.JPG

Hmmm. Maybe I should brush again.

mini-DSC01618.JPG

mini-DSC01620.JPG

And rinse again. That looks better.

mini-DSC01621.JPG

mini-DSC01622.JPG

When I get the other three done, I will probably give them a coat of Zaino Z2 Clearcoat polish and hope that I can keep them clean with my cheapie dollar store cleaner. That stuff is only $5 a gallon so I try to get as much off with it as I can and then use the high dollar dtuff for the rest.

15. detailersdomain

looking good guys! keep them coming.

16. C@rbonCrew

C@rbonCrew Virgin Detailer

Here's my submission. I love this stuff, it works perfect on my dusty S2K.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I was cleaning my sisters HHR that is not taken care of. I used WB on the drivers front and decided to use Sonax on the passenger side.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It did okay for dwelling for three minutes and only using a garden sprayer for rinsing.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

18. Santorin01

Santorin01 Virgin Detailer

Here is my submission of my wifey's 2007 A6, which I last prepped last October. The wheels received FMJ topped off by SwissWax Wheel Wax on the outside face. Never washed over this rough New York winter and only washed lightly in the spring with car wash (optimum), till I did my full spring clean up.

Before outside Face:
    Before.jpg
    Inside of Wheel
    Before Inside.jpg
    Soaking in Sonax Full Effect
    During.jpg
    During Inside.jpg
    After
    After.jpg
    Inside After.jpg
    These results where achieved with a single application of Sonax Full Effect, and some aggitation using the Uber Boars Hair Wheel Brush.

19. jcslocum

jcslocum Virgin Detailer

I realize that you are all mostly into cars but some of us do use the same products on our bikes. I have a vintage track bike and after 1 day on the track (120 miles or so) the rear wheel is horrible with dust. The Sonax works amazingly well on these painted wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's a 1987 Ducati 750F1. A real joy to punish on track and fun to ride on the street too....

20. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

any update on this?