Detailer's Domain/Sonax Full Effect Contest!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by detailersdomain, Jun 1, 2011.

1. KlineS157

KlineS157 Birth of a Detailer

I'll play,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I like that one.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

seriously that is awesome..... lookes like the inside of a septic tank. LOL good work. May have to give sonax another round.

4. maxnix

maxnix Virgin Detailer

Ordered Sonax a couple of days ago so hope to have some dramatic proof soon before the contest is over.

5. Backcountrydetails

Backcountrydetails Virgin Detailer

my writeup from QuattroWorld (B5S4/C5A6), this car was not washed for 1.5 years or maybe even longer. It was my sisters and she couldnt care less that it looked this way. If it was ever washed it was at the horrible touchwashes. And those dont have machine noms that scrub your wheesl shiney clean. Well Im not gonna post pictures of every wheel, just drivers front. They all looked just as awful as the drivers. Not sure how people allow their things to get so flithy. This were pretty disgusting and SONAX Full Effect is some straight up powerful stuff. It smells like pure death which everyone knows. Enough talk onto the pictures.

-What was done-
    Wheels spritzed down with Sonax allow time to change color, drink beer!
    Start scrubbing, really didnt have to do much work.
    Rinse
    And repeat once more just to make sure its fully clean
    done....

-Products used-
    Sonax Full Effect purchased from phil@detailersdomain
    Uber boars hair wheel brush purchased from phil@detailersdomain
    Uber Spoke brush from Phil
    Swissvax wheel brush from Phil
    A couple no-name microfibers

:::Before pictures:::
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

::: DURING :::
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:::After:::
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

adhesive later removed with 3m adhesive remover, just wanted to show what sonax can do alone.
    [​IMG]

6. WannabeDetailed

WannabeDetailed Virgin Detailer

7. detailersdomain

keep them coming!

8. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

how bout the ones during the BOGO? were those from the new batch or old batch?

9. detailersdomain

BOGO we never ran a BOGO so I would not know.

10. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

Actually I'm mistaken, it wasn't a BOGO. It was the 5 liter refill special for $129.99.

11. bmw5541

bmw5541 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Here is a 2010 Audi Q7
    Before
    [​IMG]

During
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And After
    [​IMG]

12. detailersdomain

those are the new scented ones.

13. sluggyjunx

sluggyjunx Virgin Detailer

Bit of a newb detailer here, but I love this stuff. When I bought this car I decided that I'd try to do it right from the getgo and these forums are my bible. She's a 2005 Audi S4 Avant. From a detailer's perspective, the car is pretty solid but has some significant issues all around that will require a good bit of work as I learn and move forward, but all that is for another post. I've been a fan of the Sonax stuff since I saw the videos and photos here on DB and man I love this stuff.

Yesterday I spent the day detailing with a friend and was able to take the wheels off the vehicle for the first time. When I purchased the car a year ago and started cleaning the wheels (with them on the car) It was apparent to me that the barrels had probably never been cleaned. The brake dust was just so caked and baked that I couldn't get it off, down to the finish. When I started using Sonax it made a huge difference but there is still some residue that I can't get off. With regular applications I'm convinced that eventually it'll continue to get better but it will take a while. The old dust is just nasty. Anyway, enjoy! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks again guys - the forum is great! :D

14. Crucible35

Crucible35 Virgin Detailer

Baked right on.....these wheels hadn't been worked on in years!
    Mississauga-20110606-00050.jpg

Full Effect in Action:
    Mississauga-20110606-00055.jpg
    Mississauga-20110606-00054.jpg

After:

Mississauga-20110606-00056.jpg
    Didn't use any brushes....:yikes:

Attached Files:

15. Jason@Sonax

Jason@Sonax DB Certified Manufacturer

Fantastic pics everyone. I'd love to see someone's Mercedes wheels go through the transformation! Keep 'em coming.

16. ak370z

ak370z Virgin Detailer

I am in absolute love with the Sonax wheel cleaner. I think it's a revolutionary product and probably one of the best product EVER introduced in the detailing industry. I can't think of using ANYTHING other than the sonax wheel cleaner. It does an amazing job cleaning the wheels and I'm always 100% satisfied.

First I'm going to share some pictures of my Nissan 370Z. The rims were not cleaned for 3 months. I'm going to simply copy and paste from my write up from another website:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ak370z

ak370z Virgin Detailer

Here's another BMW 335i wheels I cleaned last week. It's my friends 335i. She has NOT cleaned the inside of the rims in over 1 year!!! The brake dusts has been baked on to the rims. There's think black layer of brake dust over the inner wheel wall of the rims!

Sonax to the rescue! :applause2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. detailersdomain

ak370 love it!

19. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

you asked for it, you got it...=)...Client's 2011 E550 AMG Wheels

Before - Front Passenger Wheel
    [​IMG]

During - Front Passenger Wheel
    [​IMG]

After - Front Passenger Wheel
    [​IMG]

20. Jason@Sonax

Jason@Sonax DB Certified Manufacturer

ak370z goes above & beyond, the boredstudent3 comes through with the MB pics. fantastic work everyone!!