Detailers Domain shirts!!!!!! SWEEEEEEET!

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by FMINUS, Feb 28, 2008.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

got it thanks!

2. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

I just ordered 1 as well!!!

3. detailersdomain

awesome, remember I should have them in 10 days or so.

4. detailersdomain

shirt are in they all shipped out today.

5. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

mine too?

6. detailersdomain

7. detailersdomain

a new shirt :) coming to you soon.....

[​IMG]

8. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

Everything???? :spank:

:giggle:

9. LanceM

oh snap! I want

10. detailersdomain

these will be in 2 weeks.

11. LanceM

awesome. ill pick one up

12. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Über
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2006)
    Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed.

The title of this article contains the character ü. Where it is unavailable or not desired, the name may be represented as ueber.
    For the Sturmgeist album see Über (album).

Über (German pronunciation (help·info)) comes from the German language. It is a cognate of both Latin super and Greek ύπερ (hyper), as well as English over (as in "overkill"). During the 2000s, über also became known as a synonym for super due to gamers excessively using the word incorrectly; e.g. über-bright = "super bright," generally with a slightly intensified meaning. Über is commonly written as uber in English, though with slightly different meaning. Often, competitive players of the video game series, Pokemon, refer to certain Pokemon as uber. This usually means that it is exceedingly powerful, and banned in normal competitive play. Examples of such Pokemon are Mewtwo, Rayquaza and Arceus.

One of the first popular modern uses of the word as a synonym in English for super was a Saturday Night Live TV sketch in 1979. The sketch, What if?, pondered the notion of what if the comic book hero Superman had landed in Nazi Germany when he first came from Krypton. Rather than being called Superman, he took the name of Uberman.[1]

An expression like "über cool" sounds rather awkward in the ears of a German. They would rather use "obercool", where "ober" means "upper", "higher" or "superior". For example the German word for "first lieutenant" is "Oberleutnant" (as opposed to just "Leutnant" for "second lieutenant").

The normal transliteration of the "ü" ('u' with a diaresis representing an umlaut) when used in writing systems without diacritics (such as airport arrival boards, older computer systems, etc.) is "ue", not just "u"; however, it could be argued that the English language use of the word uber is a new word distinct from ueber. This is because English is defined by common use of words, which dictionaries and academia record, not the reverse. The use of 'ü', 'u', and 'ue' in the word is an emerging trend in common usage in English with no clear consensus.

[edit]
    Uses in German

In German, über is used as a prefix as well as a separate word. In the latter case, it may be a preposition or an adverb depending on context. Eg. über etwas sprechen - speak about something, über die Brücke - over the bridge, übernehmen - take over (nehmen = take). However, in most cases, über alone will be translated as about (never as super in German).

Über also translates to over, above, meta and super, but mainly in compound words. The actual translation depends on context. One example would be the term Übermensch from Friedrich Nietzsche, which translates to super human or superman (literally "overhuman"). It is assumed that it is via this translation that the word über entered the English vocabulary (cf. calque). Another example is the Deutschlandlied, which begins with the well-known words "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles" (Germany, Germany above all).

Linguistically speaking, a language can borrow a loanword that it already loaned out, as long as the meaning has changed sufficiently. In the most cases of this usage, it is borrowed directly as Denglisch, or an English word/phrase that has been fitted adhoc into the German language. In Hindi and other related languages of India, a word of the same origin, 'üper' means 'up' or 'upper'.

Über contrasts in German with the word Unter, meaning "Under". "Unter" can be found in words such as Untermensch, U-Bahn (Untergrundbahn = subway), U-Boot (Unterseeboot = submarine), etc, as well as many toponyms, such as Unter den Linden.

:shead: DUH! Now I get it! I think.

13. detailersdomain

like uber cool --- overkill :)

detailing --- overkill -- cool

get it or not?

14. whatever Phil, I'm still getting one :headbang:

Didn't really feel the chopsticks (no offense man), but this one heck yes :yikes::gidiup:

15. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Dangit Phil I hate you... Now I can't decide which one I want!!!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!

How bout a buy 1 get 1 half off???

16. detailersdomain

i don't have the new ones yet that's 2 weeks out.

just showing you guys what's coming up.

yes we can work them both out.

17. LanceM

are the colors black and white or grey?

18. detailersdomain

black t/grey letters

grey t/black letters

19. detailersdomain

you think the s2ki guys will like these lance? i should post up the wax on wax off...

20. LanceM

im sure the detailing guys will like them. Shoot i think I want 2 lol Itd be awesome to have a SV shirt, but im sure that copyrighted