Detailer's Domain: 4 days on a Mini is that right?

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by detailersdomain, Feb 14, 2009.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Gorgeous work Phil, I bet the detail cost more than the car is worth!

The red paintwork looks stunning!

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

nah maybe 10% of its worth : )

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Well done there Phil vehicle looks great :applause:

I'm always amazed that the smaller vehicles tend to take the longest to detail, odd isn't it :shrug:

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Great job Phil, good to see you are out and about after being sick.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

4 days on a Mini? This is crazy! You gave it Ferrari Luxury care! Awesome work, Phil!

6. Hardstyler

Hardstyler Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This looks so awesome Phil, great work on a small funny car.

7. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Fantastic work Phil!
    I enjoyed the write up/pictures as well!

8. detailersdomain

Thanks everyone!

Yes some major work just so you all know it was about 28 hours of work total over 4 days. (7-8 hours a day)

9. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

FANTASTIC work Phil :D Love it!

10. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Good job Phil :applause:

Those minis are a detailers' dream to work on... Each one seems to have an individual character/personality.

11. bigluelok

bigluelok Virgin Detailer

wow that thing looks perfect.

12. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Great job, working on small cars is fun.

13. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Common sense would suggest that small cars would not take so long but you really do need to spend that time to achieve perfection.

This car has it.

Great work. Thnx for sharing.

14. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Nice job Phil.

A few questions:
    1. How much soap do you end up using with the foam gun? Do you cover and let it sit while washing it panel or do rinse and then wash each panel?

2. Have you had any negative experiences with black wow? I had seen some complaints that while it lasts more than most dressings when it is "fading" the end rsult looks worse.

3. For rubber, does the 1z stuff actually do anything on all rubber? I have not seen a protectant or any trim dressing really do much to rubber in any significant degree. or certain rubbers. It just does not seem to "soak". I have some riubber that seems splotchy and nothing seems to affect it.

15. detailersdomain

Thanks!
    I would agree

Thanks for looking.

Do you have a picture of what you are describing?

16. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Can't believe I missed this one, great work Phil

17. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Awesome work Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I see you are a new member her gloss4life. Although I can appreciate the point you are trying to make in your post, attacking members for any reason is just not acceptable. If you have a problem with something someone has posted, the mature way to deal with it would be to POLITELY bring it up in a pm, away from the open forum. If you don't get the results you want, bring it up with Nica. I'm not a moderator here but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say to either act accordingly when posting here or take your business elsewhere.

19. detailersdomain

The customer was very happy sorry that the photos were not in the proper order of the detail.

I trust that many on this board know my work and know that this was just an error or putting up the detail in the wrong order.

Car was right when the customer picked up and I'm can not control the sun light when the car is done.

20. detailersdomain

Also I know my picture skills are horrible, I need to hire a guy just to take pictures during these details.

Hopefully in the new shop with better lighting I will be able to get the shots I need. Anyway thanks for your take on it.