Detailer's Domain: 2007 Audi RS4 - Prep for sale

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by detailersdomain, Dec 10, 2012.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

the old one is much more direct then the new one.

2. R4074

R4074 Virgin Detailer

Phil, question on the engine detailing....did you spray the APC on, soak, brush and then blast with the Metro or did you rinse after before using the Metro to dry? Thanks, I have just always been so worried about wetting down the engine.

3. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Most modern cars I have seen, there is no problem with getting them wet...you probably dont want to go in there blasting away with a pressure washer, and if there is any way for the water to get into the air intake, turbo, distributor or other electrical components, you will want to take care and cover those...

Other than that, a light gentle stream of water straight from the hose should be safe!

4. kaah91

kaah91 Virgin Detailer

You can hit it with water. Make sure the engine is cold! When rinsing try not to blast a stream of water anywhere. Use your nozzle closer to a mist setting. Starting the car after rinsing may also be a good idea to dry the motor off.

5. detailersdomain

we rinse down the engine after we agitate the dirt. then we used the metro air force blaster to dry it off.

6. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Great work Phil and crew ... seems that you control the detailing business for every S4/RS4 in the tri-state area ... lmao.

7. detailersdomain

I only wish LOL