Detailed: Saab 9-3

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by pirex, Oct 6, 2007.

1. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Hello boys and girls. I detailed this car yesterday, but it got late so the pictures is VERY bad. If you hate bad pictures, don`t read any more ;) No pictures of the interior :( It was to dark. But it looked good, just have to belive me ;)

So, this is the same car I did earlier this year, in may.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/6492-detailed-saab-9-3-vector.html

The car have hold up very good, so its was almost non swirls seens last time. So I went for 106FF and a white CSS pad on my metabo. Worked great.

Wash:
    Degreaser on the whole car

To buckets metode, with Optimum soap

Wheels washed with P21S wheel cleaner GEL

Clayed with the yellow stuff

Optimum tire shine on the tires

Amazing roll off on tires and wheel wells
    Paint:
    Menzerna 106FF

On the trim I used black again

Stoners on windows

Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealent
    Interior:

Negs APC

Optimum protecant

Pinnacle letter cleaner and conditioner

[​IMG]

Before Wash:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Claying:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The paint was fairly nice.

AFTER: (Bad pictrues.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pirex

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any comments, feedback and suggestins are welcome! Good or bad ;)

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

nice work, the car turned out great.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

The vehicle looks really nice pirex, I like the space you got your self there buddy. Looks like it's working out, first vehicle I see you detail in there.

Thank you for sharing and as for the pictures. I've noticed it's very diffucult to take pictures with poor light, apperently there are lences that can help though...well that's what my friend (the Pro. photographer).

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

You're not kidding KT, it looks great :D. I hope you can get some sun shots someday! That car was super dirty haha, I dont' think I've ever let my car get that dirty before in my life.. The paint is looking excellent. What do you use for degreaser?

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh hay pirex, I for got to ask you. How was the clear coat in this vehicle? Reason I ask is becuase I have one of these coming up.

7. pirex

Calgary: Thanks for the compliment bro :D

Nica: Thanks buddy, yeah. Its working out in the new place, just need to buy me some extra light! And a better camera :p The clear coat is about medium minus. Good to work on! Was almost non swirls after I did it last time. So its a nice car to work on :D

Klumzy. Thanks A bone :D We will see, bet it dirty now :p I use a degreaser with no name, lol. Not sure about the name, but its like a APC. Just it 1:1 on this one. ;)

Oh, and guys! I am doing the Allroad for the winter this weekend. Inside and outside. Gone be nice :D

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Thanks for the infor on the clear coat pirex and I look forward to the pictures ;)

9. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Ohh haha I see, make a name for it! Eazy Degreaser, Lol

10. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Looks great.Nice job.