Detailed Honda Civic

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by JLs Detailing, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

JL man that is an incredible turn around:what:... even for a brand new car!!! and those wheels... that's crazy:cool2:

i got my flex on order, ag won't be getting them till the 30th I think, that's what meghan told me.

oh yeah, what did you figure out on your dressing mixuture? And I'm putting in my first full CG order on monday

2. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Even on new cars, sometime you work your butt off. Some people just don't care; it's just a car they say. My niece is the same way; she bought a new Explorer two years ago and has not washed it yet. I've told her I will clean it for her and at no charge. She's like no it don't matter to me it's just a car.
    As far as the water, I've never have heard of Demin water. Do you work at a nuclear plant? Maybe it's heavy water. LOL!!! I will ask around about it.
    The car looks outstanding, all of it. Man that paint is so glossy. :applause:
    Thanks for sharing...

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Hey Dust I finally used 50/50 mixture of Super Dress All and DP Gel. It worked well and gave the level of shine the customer wanted. I'll be counting down the days until I read the first D2G Flex post! :headbang:

Sparkie you are SOOO RIGHT! I never really realized how so many people just viewed their cars as simply a way to get from point A to point B and that's it. I work in a coal fired power plant and the water is about as pure as you can get. It has a conductivity of almost 0 or I guess you could say it has an EXTREMELY high resitivity. I know you should be able to get some info on it and if you do I would appreciate seeing what you find!

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Demineralized water (sometimes referred to as "Demin" or DM water) has not been distilled, but has both anions and cations removed by the use of ion exchange resins. In this process anions are substituted by hydroxyl ions (OH-) and cations by protons (hydrogen ions, H+). The resulting water is free of almost all its mineral content except perhaps a little silica. It normally also contains traces of organic species from the synthetic ion exchange resins and is frequently contaminated with traces of resin regeneration chemicals.

For most industrial purposes, demin water is considered equivalent to distilled water in quality (e.g. for its use as boiler feedwater), but in fact it may contain appreciable amounts of impurity traces. As with distilled water, the conductivity is normally used as a measure for the purity (conductivity is correlated with amount of Total Dissolved Solids -TDS).

5. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

It sounds alot like Deionized water to me. We make it at my company for some our process. The lowest conductivity I've seen is 2. I'm guessing this Demin water is more pure then DI water....

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Sparkie our water has been demineralized - gone through several multimedia filters, 2 cartridge filters, through several gel coat filters, then through a reverse osmosis, then through a degassifier then to the process however the water I get comes to our lab and goes through a deionizer also before I get it. Our conductivity runs about .1

7. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh good info on the water here...nice :thumb:

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Great job! Looks pretty good now!