Defoamer!!

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by OrngeZ, Dec 21, 2007.

1. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

Finally found something OTC...Fminus knows what I am talking about when getting frustrated with the little green clean machine clogging up from lighting fast carpet cleaner foaming up on you...Home Depot over by my place carries Anti-foam made by Zep...was in the cleaning chemical aisle...used it today and works like a champ...was a great deal for like 6 bucks for 32 oz....and i only used less than an ounce poured into the reclaim tank....was nice to see my reclaim tank not full of foam...

2. Nica

Nica Banned

This sounds interesting :thinking: thank you for sharing :hippie:

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I use Meguiar's APC+ (orange) cut 10:1. Cost efficient, works very well without harm, and does not foam. Costs ~ $15 for a gallon.

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

+1
    the primary difference between the formulas is that one is made to foam and the other is not.

5. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

If your machine is foaming you are not using a good detergent maid for fabric and upholstry.

I would try biokleen traffic lane cleaner or prochem ultra pack pvc.

6. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

i know that if it foams it not made for machines...but cg lightining fast works so well i use it even though it foams up...now i have a solution...

7. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Why not get an even better product? That seems like it would be the better solution.

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I don't have an extractor but you are so right about how well Lightning Fast works. I used it yesterday on an orange soft drink stain a kid had spilled in the back floor of a Tahoe. Sprayed the LF on it, waited about 5 min. and wiped with a damp white MF and voila stain was GONE! Glad you found a remedy for a problem that lets you use an awesome product.

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

YES! Ive been using that too! A little goes a LOOOONG WAY!

I could not of said it any better! :joint:

10. D&D Auto Detailing

Cant take you guys away from your CG stuff! Here comes the CG cult like the Zaino guys! :dance:

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Yep, except CG doesnt cost an arm and a leg :chest:

12. D&D Auto Detailing

True, you guys are a lot nicer too.

13. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

now THAT im not too sure about.. LOL

14. Nica

Nica Banned

hahahaah CG cult :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

15. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

I am working on phil. Possibly in the future he might carry proper upholstery and carpet products. along with basic spotters. There has to be an interest though.

FWIW spraying and wiping that you are doing with CG products are only removing the top of the stain. In it's place you are leaving a detergent (usually very high alkaline) that once dry attracts dirt. Making it a much larger stain requiring more and more product in the future.

16. D&D Auto Detailing

That would be awesome. Im going out to buy my chemicals today or tomorrow.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree if Phil could carry some wicked chemicals I'd get some from him, so come on Phil :giterdone:

D&D let me know what you get as I'm on the same boat oh and let me know how well they work please :peace: