Deep Plush Drying Towels

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by chefwong, May 14, 2009.

1. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

Any of ya'll have those deep plush drying towels that seems to be quite popular over in the UK and such...Polished Bliss / Rubbish Boys carry this same plush towel.

While MF's plushness in my experience had a tendency to not dry as well as a WW, or *wick* water up instead of floating over the panel.....I am curious to try this towel.

Anyone have one or have used it. Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have one as does David ( dsms ) . These towels are super soft but can not be used in the same fashion as a waffle weave towel. They do soak up water but are very hard to wring out. My advice would be, and I think David will agree, is to allow the water to flow free out of the hose during your final rinse. This will cause most of the water to sheet off the car so the towel doesn't have to pick up too much. Then you should be fine.

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

it sounds to me like a VROOM towel from Target. It is super thick IMO, but it sucks for drying a car. I use my for my QD.

4. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

Saw your other posting.....
    Are we stating...that this is the same variant as the GI & Enviroshield towel ?

Inclined to try...just hate to order 2 from overseas and not like it.

FWIW, I use the Monster Fluffys as a reference. Love these towels but I find they don't work well to dry with...they don't wick water up as well, as let's say a primed WW. While a WW is a a different animal than a plush MF....yes, I am looking at a large plush MF to use on SOFT polished paint

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I believe that is what David and the guys from Polished Bliss reserve them for as well and yes I believe it is the same as the GI towel.

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I have one. I use it 2 ways.

The first is exactly how Ken descibed. flood the surface, then use it for whatever remains.

The second way I use it is I use 2 towels for ONR'ing. I use a WW to soak up as much as possible. I don't like to move the ww around on the surface. I pull the ww off, then wipe with the super plush towel.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

I've got one of those towels and I'm happy with it, for me it works just as well as the waffle weaved micro fiber towels...but that's just me :shrug: